Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Yes.I have also been to RHLSTP and Guardian football podcast and am yet to be convinced live shows work. Podcasts some across much better than watching blokes sat in chairs talking.

I've been sorely tempted to try Richard Herring's shows in London - are you nudging me to stick with the earbuds and iPod setup?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still can't get enough of Max and Barry. They're like a contemporary version of Saint & Greavsie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still can't get enough of Max and Barry. They're like a contemporary version of Saint & Greavsie.
There's no way [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] can talk me down from seeing the legends that are Max & Baz, esp at The Science Museum.
I may we'll end the evening clutching my pearls and swooning to the floor.

Max - overexcited, fanciful, cute puppy of a question.
Baz - "No".

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's no way [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] can talk me down from seeing the legends that are Max & Baz, esp at The Science Museum.
I may we'll end the evening clutching my pearls and swooning to the floor.

Max - overexcited, fanciful, cute puppy of a question.
Baz - "No".

:lolol:

Post pics. I expect a full report on the evening :thumbsup:

*jealous*

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is odd as Richard spends most of the time looking at his pad trying to work out the next question.

I do like RH's audio offering, from the Collings and Herring Podcast back in the day, through AIOTM. I need to dive into the new stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do like RH's audio offering, from the Collings and Herring Podcast back in the day, through AIOTM. I need to dive into the new stuff.
As said earlier the Rob Rouse episode is freakin hilarious.

Rich and Greg Davies also work very well together.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure I'm late to the parade, but on the off chance someone even more technically stoooopid than me, is reading (hard to believe under such conditions they can read. :lol: ) I've started accessing my podcast via the TV.

I've downloaded TuneIn Radio onto my 'smarter than me' sticks, one has Roku the other Firestick.

TuneIn is yet to be stumped my a search of mine and makes for considerably easier to access background listening than I-Tunes via the computer.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm sure I'm late to the parade, but on the off chance someone even more technically stoooopid than me, is reading (hard to believe under such conditions they can read. :lol: ) I've started accessing my podcast via the TV.

I've downloaded TuneIn Radio onto my 'smarter than me' sticks, one has Roku the other Firestick.

TuneIn is yet to be stumped my a search of mine and makes for considerably easier to access background listening than I-Tunes via the computer.

I use the podcast addict app on my phone. Very user-friendly too.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Why is the Radio Sussex Seagulls podcast so slow to be published? As of yesterday. They had not published the post Spurs one

I have tried listening to other Seagulls podcasts Roar is ok but I'm afraid the Aussie fan giving his opinion is pretty gash and not for me..

Any other Seagulls ones?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Don't know of any football ones that are current but non-football one show that makes me helplessly laugh is Gossipmongers. Joe Wilkinson and two other comedians (writers? performers? I don't know them) read out gossip/rumours sent in by the public.

That's it. They read stories. They laugh themselves silly.

It's the most joyous half hour, listening to funny people laughing at stories. The celebs attached to the titles are meaningless as it's just them telling their own story on pre-records. The real beauty is listening to these three people in a room, reading out tall tales.

Do give it a listen - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/series-2-episode-3-jaackmaate/id1454848064?i=1000453224109

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Why is the Radio Sussex Seagulls podcast so slow to be published? As of yesterday. They had not published the post Spurs one

I have tried listening to other Seagulls podcasts Roar is ok but I'm afraid the Aussie fan giving his opinion is pretty gash and not for me..

Any other Seagulls ones?
Together is a half hour podcast published by a Brit in the US on Mondays. Very well put together (cough) and a very good listen.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't know of any football ones that are current but non-football one show that makes me helplessly laugh is Gossipmongers. Joe Wilkinson and two other comedians (writers? performers? I don't know them) read out gossip/rumours sent in by the public.

That's it. They read stories. They laugh themselves silly.

It's the most joyous half hour, listening to funny people laughing at stories. The celebs attached to the titles are meaningless as it's just them telling their own story on pre-records. The real beauty is listening to these three people in a room, reading out tall tales.

Do give it a listen - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/series-2-episode-3-jaackmaate/id1454848064?i=1000453224109
I listened to the first half of the Joe Lycett episode, on my way to work this morning.

Feck me that's a seriously funny podcast.

Thank you so much for the recommendation, I hope I can repay the favour.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I assumed they just didn't do one because its an international break.

Albion Roar is excellent as you probably already know.

Stairway to seventh is okay and covers a bit of Albion every week.

Together A BHAFC podcast is also okay and has an angle from across the pond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here