Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Iain Lee on Absolute. Shades of Brighton's own dolphin trainer Tommy Boyd & the Candyman with a bit of LBC thrown in. You need to stick with him to appreciate. Vinny, Alan Caddick, Cougar Pammy, Barry From Watford, Andre, Sarah From Kensington, Victoria the Poet and all. It's like a Victorian Freak Show.

This 100%

Iain is one of the most talented radio DJs out there at the moment imo, as posted you have to get into it but once you do you will be hooked. Has some clips on youtube that are quite good, search Iain Lee Duncan Dannatyne for an idea of the show - although it was from LBC

Frank Skinners is very good also

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Ricky Gervais Show, series 3

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the radio 4 ones , the now show, the news quiz, and the weekly comedy one.
fighting talk , although I am bored with it now.

I also have BBC history magazine one which is good for my open university course.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My regulars have been Collins & Herring, AIOTM (aiotm), Phil and Phill's Perfect 10, Fighting Talk, I'm a lapsed Football Weekly suscriber. Also follow Harry Hog Football and Skinscast both Washington Redskins podcasts. Also the Albion Roar during the footy season.

Thanks to this thread I think I'll get Desert Island Discs and root around the other R4 offerings and The Football Ramble of which I was not previously aware.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Adam and Joe
Russell Brand archives
Ricky Gervais Show
Guardian Football Weekly
SModcast (Clerks director Kevin Smith and his buddy, basically 2 stoners talking Bollocks usually)
The Tuesday Club

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Adam and Joe (THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIVING HEEAAAR!)
Guardian Football Weekly
Albion Roar (when they have a good guest)
Official BHAFC podcast
Mayo and Kermode

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I might try Football Ramble. Is it better than the Guardian and does it concentrate on more then just the Premier League?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tuesday Club is an Arsenal podcast, but its genuinely funny and quite insightful, worth a listen every so often.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Tuesday Club is bloody brilliant. Never thought i'd be hooked on something about Arsenal, but Davies is an extremely knowledgeable football fan and a brilliant presenter, something that's hidden quite well on Q.I. !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm new to listening to podcasts so have checked out some of these, and having enjoyed the smodcast I tried out the others in the smodcast series and really enjoyed 'Hollywood Babble On'.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Collins & Herring – 6 Music - toned down, no sweary version of their partnership
Doctor Who: Podshock – doctor who stuff, very ‘niche’
Kermode & Mayo film Review – need I say more
Naked Scientists – original science show started in 2005 and released as a Podast. Not sure if they wear clothes or not.
Naked Astronomy – More up to date Astronomy version from the Naked Scientist team.
Albion Moan In – interesting and cringeworthy in equal measure.
Collings & Herrin Podcast – listend to all of them in about 15 months, almost caught up now.
AIOTM <aiotm> - classic, and will be sadly missed.
The Danny Baker Show – great to have the genius back
The Good Athiest Podcast – interesting if you want to hear atheist discussions and rants about religion.
The Ricky Gervais Show – always a pleasure.
The Infinite Monkey Cage – very engaging science show, hosted by robin Ince.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Danny Backer Show
Friday Night Comedy
Rich Eisen
CBS Fantasy Football
David Mitchell Soapbox
Fighting Talk
H&J Clips of the Week

That pretty much covers most of it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I approve of this topic as I need something for the commute every morning and evening.

Also, I wholeheartedly recommend The Football Ramble - Rambleforce hooooo. Very funny and very good. Roll on 4th August or whenever it is that it returns

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here