Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its a bit out there but have you tried the angelous and barry show. Personally i love it however i know it wont be to everyones taste.

It's very hit and miss that, it seems to be trying to be a modern Derek and clive, bit wacky but a couple of Angelos' asides had me laughing pretty hard. Worth a go for anyone who liked Derek & Clive, Vic & Bob etc.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It's very hit and miss that, it seems to be trying to be a modern Derek and clive, bit wacky but a couple of Angelos' asides had me laughing pretty hard. Worth a go for anyone who liked Derek & Clive, Vic & Bob etc.

How dare you, you sonofabitch!

Agreed it is more hit and miss, but you can listen to them a couple of times and you pick different bits up. I love it when they catch eachover off guard and make eachover corpse, last weeks episode was brilliant for it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm just about to start Serial (no spoilers).
Word on the street is its the mutts nuts.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Please please please tell me at least one of you have listened to this weeks episode, cabbaged.

I was the funniest thing I've heard all year.
I was properly laughing out loud, at James Ancaster's (?) story of revenge.

It's the funniest available.

They even do a catch up before the story, everybody should listen to it.

loved the whole cabbage saga with young mick; best long-running story for a long time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
loved the whole cabbage saga with young mick; best long-running story for a long time.
Just the mention of it still has me smiling, and remembering just how hard I was laughing when I first heard it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is excellent. I'm up to episode 6 of 9 and really enjoying it.
I listened to the first 2 today.
I can certainly see why it getting talked about.
I'd like to put some faces to the key voices, but clearly google is out of the question.
Serial is going to have me hooked, do you know how many episodes it is in total?

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
OK.. now hooked on Serial...at the stage of two more episodes, but unsure whether to glut then twiddle thumbs until next one comes out or...savour slowly...cant decide on the guilt.. the splinters up my backside are hurting!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OK.. now hooked on Serial...at the stage of two more episodes, but unsure whether to glut then twiddle thumbs until next one comes out or...savour slowly...cant decide on the guilt.. the splinters up my backside are hurting!
I listened to the first 2 back to back, and knew instantly what was going to happen.
I was going to listen up to date within a day or two, and then have to go cold turkey.

So I've been disciplined, not listening back to back.
Give each episode enough time to peculate before gorging on the next.

I'll be up to date soon, but hopeful respectful of the journey.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To those that listen to Greg Proops Smartest Man in the World - have you checked out his Musso and Frank's show that he keeps advertising? I watched it last week. It was ok, pretty much a hollywood/restaurant themed edition of the podcast minus the boring preachy part. Only a few quid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To those that listen to Greg Proops Smartest Man in the World - have you checked out his Musso and Frank's show that he keeps advertising? I watched it last week. It was ok, pretty much a hollywood/restaurant themed edition of the podcast minus the boring preachy part. Only a few quid.
The boring preachy part gets me so riled by the injustices of the world you'll easily be able to spot my posts on here post Proops.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The boring preachy part gets me so riled by the injustices of the world you'll easily be able to spot my posts on here post Proops.

They can certainly make you despair at the world, but I also think there are times he seems a little too idealistic and other times where he dismisses counter arguments that deserve a more legitimate response, but I suppose in the context of the show it isn't really easy to fully go into every subject.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is excellent. I'm up to episode 6 of 9 and really enjoying it.

***NO SPOILERS***

Episodes 3 & 4 done.

Why the fook do I assume everyone is guilty.
I'd hate to think what that says about me.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Off on another holiday this week. I download Danny Baker (5 live sat morning) and Simon Mayo's best bits & confessions. That's 24 hours of stuff. There is a QI (Stephen Fry) podcast on www.qi.com but a bit too much for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***NO SPOILERS***

Serial is now the world's most downloaded podcast, ever.

It has also been playing on Radio 4 extra at 9pm.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
POP Everything has made a reappearance. For my money it's better than TCGTE; all killer no filler.

The Arnold Schwarzenegger episode is funny and the Randy Newman episode just descends into all out arguing when Tom refuses to listen to any of the music. Highly recommended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here