Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
No doubt been mentioned previously, but I'm really enjoying Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. I'm currently listening to episode 59 (a 'blitz' episode) The Destroyer of Worlds; a 5 hour in depth look at the dawn of the nuclear arms race, decisions that were taken, psyche at the time.

Haven't heard of that- is it all modern history?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm currently exclusively on:

Empire movie podcast
Not the top 20
Guardian Football Weekly
Sam Harris waking up
In Our Time

Thanks. Will dive into that one. Love his books and his talks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For any Flintoff, Savage and the PingPong Guy fans - series 2 is 3 episodes in now

Thanks for the heads up on this, I've just started them from the beginning and its rapidly becoming my FAVOURITE podcast of the lot. Hugely entertaining, Flintoff in particular is surprisingly switched on and very articulate. Really enjoying it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bill Simmons runs 'The Ringer' podcast network. There's a lot going on through American sport, film, music and entertainment.

Anyhoo recently he did an hour + interview with Bryan Cranston which is well worth a listen.
Recently The Rewatchables has done a 'deep dive' into Silence of the Lambs, The Fugitive, 48 hours, and Speed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No doubt been mentioned previously, but I'm really enjoying Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. I'm currently listening to episode 59 (a 'blitz' episode) The Destroyer of Worlds; a 5 hour in depth look at the dawn of the nuclear arms race, decisions that were taken, psyche at the time.

Dan Carlin Hardcore History - update.

Just finished 'Blueprint for Armageddon' a six part 24 hours worth of analysis of WWI. Each part is approx. 4 hours long, but it is totally worth it. His exploration from the bigger themes to the detail is incredible. Something to have on in the background, he has a great voice, an engaging presentation style. Give it a listen while its still on for free.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BETWEEN THE LINES
By BackPage
The stories behind great sportswriting. Interviews with journalists and authors about an outstanding piece of writing on sport. From BackPage.

https://www.acast.com/betweenthelines

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
For you football podcast listeners, I'd recommend The Edge with Joey Barton starring Worm Man himself, Sean Dyche.

It's a little bit self-congratulatory in places, but despite being a fan of neither, I quite enjoyed it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Guardian - Football Weekly (Mondays and Thursdays).

Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning still very entertaining on this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Occasionally when I venture to TalkSport. I'll add it to my list, being as the endless ads and shit will be edited out. Ta :thumbsup:

Oh yes my wireless isn't even tuned into TalkShite, but The Warm Up podcast is good fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here