Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh yes my wireless isn't even tuned into TalkShite, but The Warm Up podcast is good fun.

Glendenning is a treasure.

If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend the Christmas Eve Guardian Football Weekly. He is absolutely off his TITS, its hilarious.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glendenning is a treasure.

If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend the Christmas Eve Guardian Football Weekly. He is absolutely off his TITS, its hilarious.

Yeah I listened to that episode, they were necking Norwegian rocket fuel, weren't they?

Less than impressed by ACJimbo's review of our West Ham game:-

"West Ham have had a bad week.
Fella banned for 6 weeks for spitting.
Dumped out of the FA Cup.
Then sacked their Director of Recruitment..."

Thanks for that!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah I listened to that episode, they were necking Norwegian rocket fuel, weren't they?

Less than impressed by ACJimbo's review of our West Ham game:-

"West Ham have had a bad week.
Fella banned for 6 weeks for spitting.
Dumped out of the FA Cup.
Then sacked their Director of Recruitment..."

Thanks for that!

I don't listen to Jimbo's pod. I gave it a go a few times and its ok, but I find the Guardian one with Max and Barry far more sniggersome on my drives to work. Loving the fact that it won the best Sports podcast award, and Jimbo (as compere) had to present the award to Barry on the night. Marvellous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Occasionally when I venture to TalkSport. I'll add it to my list, being as the endless ads and shit will be edited out. Ta :thumbsup:

If you are thinking of giving The Warm Up podcast a listen, then you really should listen to this weeks episode.
It's a very strong show with a 'classic Baz' thrown in for good measure.

If this episode isn't for you then you need not try others just in case you picked a duffer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you are thinking of giving The Warm Up podcast a listen, then you really should listen to this weeks episode.
It's a very strong show with a 'classic Baz' thrown in for good measure.

If this episode isn't for you then you need not try others just in case you picked a duffer.

I've listened to a couple now. Good stuff, but then I always enjoy Max and Barry's patter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If any of you out there are still fans of The Complete Guide to Everything, I can't recommend the current episode 'Romance' highly enough.
If you're just lazy scroll through to the 55th minute, it's possibly a little risque for work.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If any of you out there are still fans of The Complete Guide to Everything, I can't recommend the current episode 'Romance' highly enough.
If you're just lazy scroll through to the 55th minute, it's possibly a little risque for work.

I gave up on it a while ago, not really sure why I think I just got a little bored. Maybe I should pick it up again.

Football Ramble and on the Continent are my go to Podcasts at the moment.

No Such Thing As Fish is also Pretty good, even if the presenters are complete geeks.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Currently working through the Johnny Vaughan radio X podcasts. Some very, very funny stuff. My favourite being nicknames.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Dan Carlin Hardcore History - update.

Just finished 'Blueprint for Armageddon' a six part 24 hours worth of analysis of WWI. Each part is approx. 4 hours long, but it is totally worth it. His exploration from the bigger themes to the detail is incredible. Something to have on in the background, he has a great voice, an engaging presentation style. Give it a listen while its still on for free.

I enjoy Dan Carlin. I'm listening to Revolutions by Mike Duncan. Runs from the English Revolution through the American, French, 1848, etc in great detail. Very listen-able style and he's filling in a lot of missing knowledge for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I gave up on it a while ago, not really sure why I think I just got a little bored. Maybe I should pick it up again.

Football Ramble and on the Continent are my go to Podcasts at the moment.

No Such Thing As Fish is also Pretty good, even if the presenters are complete geeks.

Yeah I know what you mean.
Tim & Tom have slipped down in my rotation from Champions League to just above relegation.
But do yourself a favour and listen to 'Romance' from 55 mins for 3 or 4 minutes.

https://art19.com/shows/the-complete-guide-to-everything

I love No Such Thing As A Fish.
The geekest of the geeks James, is a big fan of:-

https://www.futilitycloset.com/

Which me and the kids now enjoy.
Episode 166, was a compelling listen and even more randomly so was 168 (certainly a big hit with all type face fans), the kids love the Lateral Thinking puzzles.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I enjoy Dan Carlin. I'm listening to Revolutions by Mike Duncan. Runs from the English Revolution through the American, French, 1848, etc in great detail. Very listen-able style and he's filling in a lot of missing knowledge for me.

If you're recommending him alongside enjoying Dan Carlin, I'm in! :thumbsup:

Rheo

Aug 9, 2017
Windsor, Ontario
Thanks to work I get lots of podcast listening time so in no order the ones I listen to the most, Soccer Today (North American daily show), Puck Soup (hockey with lots of pop culture), Vocal Minority (Toronto FC and Canada soccer), Tights and Fights (comedians talking pro wrestling) and Fat Man on Batman (Kevin Smith on pop culture) Going to check some of these out though. Thanks for the recommendations.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Recently added 'Podding on the Ritz' to my list - Ross Noble and Hadley Fraiser, both currently appearing in the Young Frankenstein musical talk about, well, musicals, performing, etc and occasionally other stuff, including musical of the week.

Just been introduced to Pod Save America, might be interesting, Jon Favreau (political guy, not the director) and some others from Obama's administration discuss american politics, give advice on actions people can take in support of their causes/against their oppositions'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tim Lovejoy one is quite good, the Helen Chamberlain Soccer AM one in December was funny

Magic Sponge is quite good too, Glenn Murray was mentioned by a pissed up Wayne Bridge & Jamie Bullard a few weeks ago. Some of the old Arsenal player ones are very funny.

For music Resident Advisor music & exchange ones are good

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Surf Simply is ok in small doses - interesting interviews and discussions about things like volume/weight ratios - but spoilt by the smug poshboy attitudes (it costs $5000 a week to stay at their surf camp in Costa Rica); Adam Buxton and the Daily Torygraph Cycling podcast.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Reasons to be Cheerful, Ed Mililbands podcast, is pretty listenable (is that a word?). Normally have some good guests on there as well.

Other than that:

- Freakonomics
- Euro Leagues Podcast
- On the Continent
- The Gazetta with James Richardson
- European Football Show

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Just been introduced to Pod Save America, might be interesting, Jon Favreau (political guy, not the director) and some others from Obama's administration discuss american politics, give advice on actions people can take in support of their causes/against their oppositions'.

Sounds interesting if done in the right way. Is it full of ads and broken into snippets that often repeat? (I.e dumbed down for an American audience)

If not then I might give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sounds interesting if done in the right way. Is it full of ads and broken into snippets that often repeat? (I.e dumbed down for an American audience)

If not then I might give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave the first episode a listen, didn't seem to be broken up too much. Haven't listened to a more recent episode yet. Like I said, I've only just been introduced to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here