Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the back of last weeks David Beckham's Desert Island Disc, this week is an absolutely superb interview with Rugby referee Nigel Owens.

I strongly commend it to the house.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
current must listens are: the modern mann. the week unwrapped (ok, am a huge olly mann fan) dan snows history hit, jason manford - always cracks me up!, richard herring, simon mayos confessions, friday night comedy radio 4.... plus dabble in others..

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This week has been mainly Loose Ends, Museum of Curiosity, Philosphers Arms, bit of Frank Skinner and my Archers Omnibus.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've got back into my podcasts. The Acast feed is currently set to

Richard Herring Leicester Square Theatre Podcast
The Comedians Comedian Podcast
Desert Island Discs
The Bugle
Football Ramble
Fighting Talk
Ellis James and John Robbins on Radio X (A new obsession)
Heavyweight (Just started on this following it being mentioned on Ellis James and John Robbins)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just in case I didn't mention it at the time.
The latest arrival onto my feed is The Futility Closet, as championed by No Such Thing As A Fish (The QI elves).
Both excellent listens.

Desert Island Discs
The Bugle
Football Ramble
Fighting Talk
Heavyweight (Just started on this following it being mentioned on Ellis James and John Robbins)
I'll have to check out Ellis James as most of them feature heavily with me.

The Bugle has gone downhill (unsurprisingly) in this latest incarnation.
Although Anuvab Pal & Wyatt Cenac, can get the show close to it's former glories.

Agree 100%
One of the best DID's I've listened to.
Deffo - fantastic listening.

Ironically while reading that I was listening to this week's edition, Jimmy Carr.
I couldn't work out what was 'wrong', until reading your mention of Evans.

I came to the conclusion JC just didn't 'commit' to the programme enough to make it interesting.
Not something that could be leveled at Nigel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If at some point in your life you've enjoyed The West Wing, you really need to dip back into the series.

The West Wing Weekly podcast is at the end of series 2, that's 18th & Potomac and the final episode 2 Cathedrals.

As the 2 Cathedrals is so epic, the Weekly boys have split their podcast into 2 parts.

I wasn't expecting much from this weeks episode, part 1, for reasons that will become obvious.
But it turned out to be excellent, including a superb interview with Lawrence O'Donnell.
All that you want from a geeky podcast, so much insight and behind the scenes knowledge, it really was very good.

Next week's podcast, wraps up the second series and has an interview with Aaron Sorkin.
The presenters, good friends of AS, are going to be fawning geeks, but I find it impossible to believe the show won't be anything other than excellent and a must listen, for fans of TWW.

If you know the show, I suggest you remind yourself watching 18th & Potomac, don't bother with that episodes podcast.
Before settling into 2 Cathedrals.
Then ending with the two separate, 2 Cathedrals podcasts.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'd hope some of you into mod, soul and ska would take a moment to listen to 'Move On Up'. :)

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Desert Island Discs
The Bugle
Football Ramble
Fighting Talk

Over the last month I've been working my way through the back catalogue of Elis and John and can't recommend it enough. I've looked an utter tube, as Elis might say, more than once on public transport when trying to hold in laughter when listening. I had it pause it and wait until I was on my own to finish the first "Are you on e-mail?" episode.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For reasons you're not bored enough to want to know why, I'm short of podcasts early next week.

While trawling around I found a new one from Josh Widdicombe, talking BS about 1990's football:-

'Quickly Kevin; will he score'.

I'll be listening tomorrow, but I already think it's right up mine (our) street.

Oh and I'm enjoying Elis James, thanks for that [MENTION=1530]mejonaNO12 aka riskit[/MENTION]

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
if you are interested in America Politics 'Abe Lincoln's Top Hat' is very good. The host is a comedian and it's very well balanced (not over jovial or too dry).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This morning I listened to the first episode of:-

'Quickly Kevin; will he score' - A long interview with Matt Le Tiss.

It's not exactly groundbreaking but the interview was funny and very enjoyable.
I'd hazard a guess it's targeted at much of NSC's demographic, and I'm struggling to think of a reason for not liking it.

I also listened to 'Finding Richard Simmons'.

The first episode is intriguing, to say the least.
It could go one of 2 ways, but I think the journey will be interesting.

You don't really have to know who RS is, the opening episode does an excellent job of setting the scene.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This morning I listened to the first episode of:-

'Quickly Kevin; will he score' - A long interview with Matt Le Tiss.

It's not exactly groundbreaking but the interview was funny and very enjoyable.
I'd hazard a guess it's targeted at much of NSC's demographic, and I'm struggling to think of a reason for not liking it.

I also listened to 'Finding Richard Simmons'.

The first episode is intriguing, to say the least.
It could go one of 2 ways, but I think the journey will be interesting.

You don't really have to know who RS is, the opening episode does an excellent job of setting the scene.
T'is a shame you can't thumbs up your own posts :lol:

'Missing Richard Simmons' was a bit of an oddity, to put it mildly.
As said the back story is well covered in ep 1 and the whole thing only takes 6 x 30 mins shows to reach a conclusion.
I recommend it, but can't really say anyone.

Having now listened to the first 3 episodes of 'Quick Kevin', I'll boldly suggest this is a must listen for all NSC'er aged 35 years and older.
There's an awful lot of 'love in the room' for the guests, Le Tiss, Elis James talking all things Bobby Gould & Paul Merson, but assuming you're not grated by the rather apt 90's lads mags waaa-haaa feel, a funny story is a funny story.
These 3 episodes are rammed with funny stories.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here