Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

david cameron told to leave hospital ward, by angry doctor

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So ?? Just because you've got a horse in the stable doesnt mean you cant have a day at the races !! Just think how pleased you'd be if we were related , if only by marriage.
It would be like Christmas come early.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
That doctor was 100% right. There are rules on long sleeves in hospital wards for very good reasons. The Tories were very quick to blame Labour for MRSA outbreaks while they were in power (maybe even witrh good cause) so for a film crew there with Cameron to be breaking the very rules aimed at trying to control it is absolutley ridiculous.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
If you think politicians are arrogant knobheads you haven't met many hospital consultants, this guy was just doing what comes naturally to him. A prick.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The surgeon should have gone all Human Centipede on their asses (quite literally). Clegg sucking on Cameron's arse while he fucks the country for his own profits.
Anyone with MS Paint care to provide this image in the style of Steve Bell?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
All right, all right everyone. For the past month or so I have found it extremely painful to walk anywhere and certainly more than a couple of hundred yards. I would call that minor in the sense that it isn't going to kill me, or is worth taking a day off work for, but I still reckon it falls within the general range of problems it is reasonable to ask a highly-trained expert in the field to consider.

I'm going to give the bugger another chance and if he fails again I shall spend a couple of hundred quid privately. What makes me very cross about this is not the money I'll spend but the fact that many people wouldn't be able to afford it.

There's that big eff-off hill in Lincoln too. I was out of breath after bowling up there last year and I'm quite a fit fellow with a normal gait.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
It's called infection control mate. Cameron and Clegg's and rolled their sleeves up and were not wearing ties, however the camera crew were not doing the same. The consultant is responsible for helping to stop the spread of diseases like MRSA.

The guy is putting patient care ahead of a cheap photo opportunity. He should be applauded.

I can see your argument, but the media wouldn't have been having direct patient contact. They were cleared by the matron to go in as they were.

Consultant ortho's are known to be knobs.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
doing his job.

And if he wasn't doing it properly, same people would be having a moan.

Why is it that if Cameron was doing things the right way, the camera crew didn't? Deosn't count if it's not on camera?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I can see your argument, but the media wouldn't have been having direct patient contact. They were cleared by the matron to go in as they were.

Consultant ortho's are known to be knobs.

Matron? How old are you? 103?

It's the senior doctor who has ultimate responsibility for ward hygiene. They were probably just authorised by suits who have no idea whatsoever about the clinical side of hospitals but are more interested in PR and government targets. Doctors get rightly pissed off with these people.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

It's the senior doctor who has ultimate responsibility for ward hygiene. They were probably just authorised by suits who have no idea whatsoever about the clinical side of hospitals but are more interested in PR and government targets. Doctors get rightly pissed off with these people.
Isnt Ben Andrews Girlfriend A Nurse ?? If so, I'd hazard a guess she knows what she's talking about , wouldnt you agree ?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Isnt Ben Andrews Girlfriend A Nurse ?? If so, I'd hazard a guess she knows what she's talking about , wouldnt you agree ?
Not if she thinks that a "matron" can overide a doctor on grounds of medical hygiene, no.

By the way, I am a qualified microbiologist myself. Prior to switching careers I worked ten years in the microbiology lab at the County. When it comes to disease control I know what I'm talking about.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

No, actually I'm a 24 year old Senior Staff Nurse in Intensive Care, who has attended many, many infection control lectures, before you go all patronizing on me! The reporters were saying that the matron had given them permission to go in as they were. Personally, as they weren't entering the bedspaces / involved in direct patient care, it is actually allowed. Judging by the Consultant's speech, I think it sounded like he was more pissed off that he couldn't wear anything below the elbow himself!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here