Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX pies

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Wife and I went on the 700 bus from Brighton to Worthing today and was going to break our journey and call in there but the bus was very busy so didnt want to lose our seat and not get one on the next bus. Will go next week one day and have a wander around Shoreham.

this is a lovely little story at the end of a lovely little thread.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The clue to whether they're good pies or not is the fact they're sold by Waitrose. Which I think they are. Them or M&S anyway, I've bought them in a store in Berkshire anyway! Superb, best on the market and that was my opinion before I knew they'd be supplying BHA!

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Million pound player, real ale and now locally produced meat pies.

God I cannot wait for august.

ps Is there any chance of a Thai hand relief booth in the WSU ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
THINK, man! Which IS it? Waitrose or M&S? This is IMPORTANT!

It is, and there is a feeling that M&S has let its quality drop a little by paying too much attention to value. Waitrose on the other hand is still up there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FYI I have just finished the chicken, ham and leek pie. I also made some mashed potato to go on the side. I cannot add anymore to Uter's post on this subject other than that I think this is my favourite so far.

I am popping out for a pint now. Life seems really good at the moment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is, and there is a feeling that M&S has let its quality drop a little by paying too much attention to value. Waitrose on the other hand is still up there.

Um, I respect your right to give a completely random answer Herr T, and if the three question mark smiley was working rather than that stupid guitar hero thing that Bozza refuses to fix, then I'd use that, but it leads us no nearer to solving the conundrum of whether Waitrose or M&S stock AMEX pies.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Wanna wat one of these pies and drink an ale at the amex, come one come on come on come on why the bloody hell is it still June.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Um, I respect your right to give a completely random answer Herr T, and if the three question mark smiley was working rather than that stupid guitar hero thing that Bozza refuses to fix, then I'd use that, but it leads us no nearer to solving the conundrum of whether Waitrose or M&S stock AMEX pies.

Waitrose, I think but agree it hasn't been made very clear. If Waitrose do stock them, will the one on Western Road stock them because if so I might go and buy one then go to the nearest battle cruiser and have a pint and eat and imagine that I'm at the Amex.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that it had been established on earlier threads that it is neither Waitrose or M & S as the poster had got their pies mixed up. These are made at Piglets Pantry the others were some other make Hidgety Piggy or similar.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It was said somewhere that Budgens do them. After scouting in the local branch for a few days and not having any luck. So unfortunatly the local Hedge End posse will have to do without for a bit. :down:

Sent from my device.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree, I was kind of alluding to the fact that I hope it is Waitrose as I do not wish these pies to be peddled in a 2nd class establishment. But I agree...my response leaves the reader no closer to where they can be found.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was said somewhere that Budgens do them. After scouting in the local branch for a few days and not having any luck. So unfortunatly the local Hedge End posse will have to do without for a bit. :down:

I am pretty confident these pies will not be available in Budgens.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree, I was kind of alluding to the fact that I hope it is Waitrose as I do not wish these pies to be peddled in a 2nd class establishment. But I agree...my response leaves the reader no closer to where they can be found.

Does sound fairly unlikely, has to be said, that a single shop in Shoreham is stocking either supermarket giant without owning up to some giant factory somewhere. Which is all good. We've got small and local and loving attention to detail, and a direct consumer route to the varieties we need stocked on matchdays. Might as well introduce the balti's now tho eh? Best seller before its even hit the production line :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
and if the three question mark smiley was working rather than that stupid guitar hero thing that Bozza refuses to fix

I'm not refusing to fix anything. As I said to you 24 hours ago, post what the smilie should be on the thread devoted to this subject and I'll do my best to right any wrong.

I have no idea what the 3? smilie was before, but it had rock or something in the title so I downloaded a rock smilie.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not refusing to fix anything. As I said to you 24 hours ago, post what the smilie should be on the thread devoted to this subject and I'll do my best to right any wrong.

I have no idea what the 3? smilie was before, but it had rock or something in the title so I downloaded a rock smilie.

Sorry Bozza, I DO like making you annoyed over this, cos you rise to it so nicely! you're MAGNIFICENT when you're angry :lol: Love you really! :kiss:

The three question mark smiley was a single raised eyebrow smiley. Think of the actor Roger Moore's full range of facial expressions. Um, that's all it was :blush:

Note to self: Must. Not. Remark. On Rubbish. Blush. Smiley.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
this one?
smilie_eyebrow.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here is the veggie option and it's as good as it looks. The wife will be providing her own report shortly. Right, pub time.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 372

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here