Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone got the 01273 number for the club ticket office?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
For the second month in a row they've failed to take my Direct Debit payment for my season ticket and I genuinely don't know why. Ended up having to pay last month's on my debit card and I can do the same this month BUT I'll be damned if I'm paying for the call to do it.

So does anyone know how to get through to the ticket office without having to pay the premium rate 0845 number? I've tried the main club office number but there's no reply.

Thanks

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
They didn't take it on the 1st and today I've received a letter telling me it has failed.

Peterward, the 695400 number is the one that's just ringing and ringing. No option, no nothing

:(

Am I going to have to pay another visit to Queen's Road?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oh FFS. Rang the bank and they say there's NO problem with the DD, and in fact they HAVE taken it this month so I am all paid up.

WHY then are the club writing to me telling me that if I don't respond I will lose my season ticket? I'm all paid up. ARG this is so frustrating

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
0845 aren't premium rate are they? Thought they were local rate.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
They didn't take it on the 1st and today I've received a letter telling me it has failed.

Peterward, the 695400 number is the one that's just ringing and ringing. No option, no nothing

:(

Am I going to have to pay another visit to Queen's Road?

That is the right number, it usually works, and its the main number for many options, but I have had that before as well, when it doesn't connect.

0845 number is local rate and will be cheap from a landline, just not a mobile

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I always use noto0870 wherever I can too BUT it only lists the club's office number which isn't being answered.

At any rate WHY do the club use this stupid 0845 number? A lot of companies try and justify their use as being to make it fair for people all over the country who will all pay the same rate BUT a) I'm not aware that any phone companies actually have different rates for local and national calls these days and b) the vast majority of Albion fans ringing the ticket office are already going to be local so there's no need to "level the playing field" as it were by ensuring everyone pays something, as opposed to letting us all pay nothing.

It's a f***ing conspiracy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I always use noto0870 wherever I can too BUT it only lists the club's office number which isn't being answered.

At any rate WHY do the club use this stupid 0845 number? A lot of companies try and justify their use as being to make it fair for people all over the country who will all pay the same rate BUT a) I'm not aware that any phone companies actually have different rates for local and national calls these days and b) the vast majority of Albion fans ringing the ticket office are already going to be local so there's no need to "level the playing field" as it were by ensuring everyone pays something, as opposed to letting us all pay nothing.

Ignore the phone. You need a paper trail, so that if it screws up to the point where you are about to forfeit your season ticket you can prove you've done your best to inform the club. My direct debit details got completely f***ed by the club (a wildly wrong surname was on the direct debit instruction - doh!). I sent an email with the High Importance flag set (its a red a exclamation mark in a box usually) and sent it with a 'Subject' that read 'FAN NUMBER nnnnnnnn - Direct Debit Details Incorrect'. Got a reply from the very efficient ticket office manager within 20 minutes.

I'd strongly suggest you do the same.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh FFS. Rang the bank and they say there's NO problem with the DD, and in fact they HAVE taken it this month so I am all paid up.

WHY then are the club writing to me telling me that if I don't respond I will lose my season ticket? I'm all paid up. ARG this is so frustrating

I had to ring them at lunch time as I had another letter for 2 out of the three we have.

My first DD failed as they used the incorrect sort code. They sorted this out by phone a month ago and told me that my DD's would increase as it would be paid in 10 month rather than 11.

However it now transpires that my April DD are still unpaid so I have had to pay these by debit card

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ignore the phone. You need a paper trail, so that if it screws up to the point where you are about to forfeit your season ticket you can prove you've done your best to inform the club. My direct debit details got completely f***ed by the club (a wildly wrong surname was on the direct debit instruction - doh!). I sent an email with the High Importance flag set (its a red a exclamation mark in a box usually) and sent it with a 'Subject' that read 'FAN NUMBER nnnnnnnn - Direct Debit Details Incorrect'. Got a reply from the very efficient ticket office manager within 20 minutes.

I'd strongly suggest you do the same.

I tried emailing when my DD failed in April but I didnt get a reply so I had to ring in the end which took ages due to all the other ticketing issues at the end of the season

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Had a similar letter from the club today.
Apart from the initial deposit, I have not paid any of the monthly installments as they cocked up the DD, until last week. The club are saying bank have returned it but they haven't. Can't as they suggest, visit the ticket office so easily living over 150 miles away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had this problem with one of my sons and was told that they would be taking it on the 1st of each month except that first one due to technical problems. Why not look up the contact on seagulls.co.uk and send an e mail to Paul McGowan. (ticket office manager)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The new number is 01273 878288. Shhhhh! ;)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

They use it because it gives ALL callers the same price REGARDLESS of where they are ringing from.

They cost more from mobiles because the cost is borne by more that one orgainsation and there are plenty of micro-payment transaction in the process...............................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here