Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Greg Stanley you dirty Chelsea cvnt take a look at the Amex!

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
15 years it took us to get back to where we belong after you appointed your cronies to do your dirty work for you. you made a f*** load of cash off the back of our club. i spoke to you that day and thought you were the genuine article, you lying f***ing coward! wish i knew then what i know now because i would do time for a couple of your teeth!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Time to let go, those turds have been flushed down the toilet of history, time to enjoy our glorious future.

15 years it took us to get back to where we belong after you appointed your cronies to do your dirty work for you. you made a f*** load of cash off the back of our club. i spoke to you that day and thought you were the genuine article, you lying f***ing coward! wish i knew then what i know now because i would do time for a couple of your teeth!

another jcl:facepalm:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Fkin right

Never forget

Sep 1, 2010

Have you ever dressed up as a woman?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is he still local?

I sometimes find myself cursing those three ***** out of nowhere. The thought of the wretched cronies holding secret meetings, sneering at the fans, planning their daylight robbery and so on makes me mmmmmmmmad, sir.

I'd like to meet all three of them and ask them why they did what they did. I guess it was not all that uncommon that Chairmen of that era believed themselves to be far superior to the paying fan or certainly a few of them.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The crook may have got 25% of the eventual round-the-houses windfall £ gain,

but time and a preference for off-licences haven't been kind to his health. Hic, hic, hic!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just to put some figures to him...

In depth news analysis and comment on the battle to build a stadium for Brighton Albion FC at

A month later, we revealed Albion had sold the Goldstone to developer Chartwell for £7.4 million. After research by chief reporter Paul Bracchi and Albion fan Paul Samrah, The Argus also revealed Archer’s controlling shareholding had cost only £56.25, while Greg Stanley’s minority share was £43.75, a total of £100.

Other money injected by Archer and Stanley had been loaned with no personal risk while the value of the ground exceeded the club’s debts.

In another front page exclusive The Argus revealed a £600,000 loan from the Stanley Trust had clocked up £131,250 interest against the club in less than three years while Stanley was due a further £250,000 as Albion had failed to pay the interest on time.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Barrel of Fun;410846 In another front page exclusive The Argus revealed a £600 said:
That Archer was able to manipulate the liability for this £25K by having control of finances and able to ensure payment could be missed and penalty payable.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just to put some figures to him...

In depth news analysis and comment on the battle to build a stadium for Brighton Albion FC at

A month later, we revealed Albion had sold the Goldstone to developer Chartwell for £7.4 million. After research by chief reporter Paul Bracchi and Albion fan Paul Samrah, The Argus also revealed Archer’s controlling shareholding had cost only £56.25, while Greg Stanley’s minority share was £43.75, a total of £100.

Other money injected by Archer and Stanley had been loaned with no personal risk while the value of the ground exceeded the club’s debts.

In another front page exclusive The Argus revealed a £600,000 loan from the Stanley Trust had clocked up £131,250 interest against the club in less than three years while Stanley was due a further £250,000 as Albion had failed to pay the interest on time.
Right, bit of a difficult one here, how many of you if faced with the choice of making 7 million quid , or keeping open a small club that really doesnt mean anything to you would keep the small club open ?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Right, bit of a difficult one here, how many of you if faced with the choice of making 7 million quid , or keeping open a small club that really doesnt mean anything to you would keep the small club open ?

Personally I don't think I'd take over a club in the first place if they didn't mean a thing to me. But then I'm not a businessman.

Though I do agree with the sentiment. While football can't really be related to other businesses, if it was just a normal business in that situation, I'm sure most people would take the 7 million without thinking twice.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Well, speaking for myself, I have morals and beliefs. At the age of 18, when I knew everything, money was the most important thing. I quickly matured and realised that money was not the be all and end all. It depends whether you are a sell out or not.

“If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can't buy”

If I ever find myself in the position of making a huge wad of cash, at the cost of depriving thousands of a love/hobby/past time, then I would trust myself to make the right decision.

It might not have been illegal, but it was immoral. At what cost does an extra house or three, and a Bentley or two really mean to you?

To be a good businessman, you don't have to shit on anyone in your path.

What would you have done?

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Well, speaking for myself, I have morals and beliefs. At the age of 18, when I knew everything, money was the most important thing. I quickly matured and realised that money was not the be all and end all. It depends whether you are a sell out or not.

“If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can't buy”

If I ever find myself in the position of make a huge wad of cash as the cost of depriving thousands of a love/hobby/past time, then I would trust myself to make the right decision.

It might not have been illegal, but it was immoral. At what cost does an extra house or three, and a Bentley or two really mean to you?

To be a good businessman, you don't have to shit on anyone in your path.

What would you have done?

You speak a lot of sense.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
except we aint talking £7,000,000.
petty pedantry it might be but after paying liabilities we are taking £1.5 million here,loadsa money for us mere mortals but f*** all compared with the squillions they made out of selling the Focus/wickes empire for shit loads to complete mugs
Archer got £74 million for that.
Wickes sale nets founder 74m - Telegraph

Don't forget that although I believe they sold the Goldstone for £7-8 million, it was only 12 months later it was 'sold' again for +£20 million. I don't doubt for a minute that those two cvnts, Archer & Stanley, had a slice of that pie too, somewhere along the line.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
What annoys me is that they were already very wealthy men and the money they made from Albion was pretty small compared to their fortunes and was sheer greed.

Dick Knight had many knockers moaning about his apparent lack of investment yet he never claimed to have money. Stanley could have 'done a Bloom' if he really wanted to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here