Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruud Boffin

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Heard through a source of mine in London that Gus wants to beef up the goalkeeping department and has set his sights on West Ham reserve keeper Ruud Boffin.

Boffin, married with one child, has grown frustrated at the lack of first team opportunities this season and looks set to move on as West Ham look to offload fringe players in an attempt to slash their wage bill with Championship football looming and Bloom is willing to pay West Hams asking price of half a million for the highly rated young Belgians signature.

Exciting times!!

:clap2:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
04b04bf7bc4ccd79d077f103e6a47c2b.jpg

Flair hair.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Great name as well.

But the most pressing question here surely has to be: Would he be any good at a pub quiz? ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not wishing to be too negative but Gus has said that goalkeeper is the only position he isn't looking at (admittedly, not the most reliable statement given that he wasn't going to sign one last year right up to the morning Ankergren suddenly appeared). Also seems likely that Green will go this summer so not sure West Ham would let Boffin go? He has one year left on his contract and he was signed last year for around £100K I think - is his value really as high as £500K? That aside I reckon he would be a good addition.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
500k for a reserve keeper???

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
500k for a reserve keeper???

If we paid that, I'm assuming he'd be first choice! Don't forget Ankergren came up with Leeds last year, only for them to think he wasn't up to The Championship. Who knows, there may be a good reason for that, which we haven't seen.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's Belgium's answer to Ian Walker!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think this is ballshit.

I only know what I've been told. Tottingham and West Ham played a game at Tottenhams training ground on Wedensday and Aranalde was there looking at a couple of Spurs youngsters Gus has been keeping an eye on. A journalist from the Evening Standard was there and got talking to Zigor who was extremely impressed with Boffin and mentioned a bid had been lodged for him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
seems a reasonable source

would have to mean Brez moving on if it happened. LOL'd at that transfer value website - jusst bizarre!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Deal is off I'm afraid, our bid was rebuffed as West Ham expect to lose Green and Allardyce sees him as a key player for next seasons Championship challenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here