Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet hits out at Murrays agent

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
It was a pathetic stunt. I was not bothered Murray was linked, what bothered me the most was:

1) The timing. I took the shine off our promotion for me briefly for a few hours
2) The club he was linked too

I hope this agent gets his knuckled wrapped for this, because its bloody irresponsible. His agent is not the one that has to take the field for 90 minutes on saturday.

Glenn please get rid of your agent.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think Dougie Freedman is to be complimented for stating his opinion that this was a just a stunt by the agent, fair play to that man.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Ultimately agents get a cut. Hopefully GM gets rid of his agent THEN signs up (us or otherwise, hopefully us of course!), agent then gets nada....

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Anyone else think it would be REALLY easy to be a really good agent. Most of the ones we get to hear about are woefully poor. I'm sure i could do a better job. This guy sounds like a proper half-wit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure Murray's agent read about Rooney's 'dalliance' with Man City and stupidly took this as the method to double your client's salary.

As has been already said, I get the impression Gus sees through the agent and looks and listens more to the player. The fact one of the leading agents is a former vacuum cleaner salesman who has been to court more times than I've had hot dinners is all you really need to know about the profession.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Dougie Freedman is to be complimented for stating his opinion that this was a just a stunt by the agent, fair play to that man.

Have to admit I liked him as a player and as a manager he seems to be a decent bloke and not doing too bad a job given the resources available and the starting point. Mind you if Scunthorpe (the clue is in there somewhere) , Blades (how many dinosaurs can you employ to manage a club?) and Preston (lilywhites? more like lily livered this season until Brown arrived) weren't so abysmal he would be in the mire.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Easy song for tomorrow: Muuuurray's agent, is a wanker, is a wanker.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Agreed, he's always struck me as a decent chap both as a player and a manager despite being Palarse.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A source of mine who's usually pretty accurate suggested to me that it was none other than Kerry Mayo, which took me aback somewhat. Don't shoot the messenger if incorrect

Would hope not the company he works for Azzurri Sports Management both people claim to be albion fans. No way would they have pulled a stunt like that

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I'm sure Murray's agent read about Rooney's 'dalliance' with Man City and stupidly took this as the method to double your client's salary.

Agreed. I have a feeling this is exactly the case. Murray's agent saw that farce played out in Jan/Feb and thought....oh that's a good idea, I'll keep that in the memory banks and use it when the time is right and I will link Glenn Murray with their rivals. However, it has backfired because of what Dougie Freedman has said and good on him. it would be good if other managers in Freedman situations did this too and might stop agents putting out such BS all the time which 24x7x365 sports channels lap up because they haven't got enough proper stories to fill their air space.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My suspicion is that Freedman had expressed an interest in significantly adding to Murray's current wage packet but did not appreciate his agent turning it into a very public Dutch auction, so has quickly backed out of any such deal.

If this is true then Murray really should sack his agent for his own good as the bloke is clearly a f***ing simpleton.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I happened to be at the university yesterday so took the opportunity to have a quick peep at training.....

I think Muzza said something jokingly to Gus and Gus replied:
"Shut up Muzza, you're gonna get hunted down by the fans......... when you sign for palace"
Cue laughter from the whole squad.

Not sure what this tells us other than NOBODY was taking it seriously.

Nice.

DanielT

so to the heartbeat theme, like with Elliott Bennett's song (which even my wife is now singing randomly, partly due to my little boys loving it and making her teach them the words!)

"glenn murray, why don't you get yourself a better agent, now?" or something similar, but better ;-)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
or maybe Muzza has stayed local:
WOOD Iain Right Balance Pro-Management 22a East Street
BRIGHTON BN1 1HL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here