Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is that every time we could create a good atmosphere in H Block

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Some prat will start up that hideous leftside/rightside chant with G block, who (and you can't blame them for this) clearly dont want to have anything to do with H block, just point blank ignore them and we go back to silence. Why not try starting a chant about our team for a change?

:shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i did a couple of times...stood up down the front tried to get people going...gave up as you lot were all asleep

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i did a couple of times...stood up down the front tried to get people going...gave up as you lot were all asleep
You certainly did. Personally, I can't be arsed myself. As somebody said, it was like watching a kitten get punched in the face, so there was no excitement. Then you had that comedy steward woman marching up and down the stairs spouting "sit down! sit down!" plus the usual assortment of tedious 15 year old gimps making wanker signs at the Plymouth fans for half the game.

In the end you just sit down and analyse the game in the way you might if you were watching it on telly.

Feb 16, 2011
BRIGHTON ...
You certainly did. Personally, I can't be arsed myself. As somebody said, it was like watching a kitten get punched in the face, so there was no excitement. Then you had that comedy steward woman marching up and down the stairs spouting "sit down! sit down!" plus the usual assortment of tedious 15 year old gimps making wanker signs at the Plymouth fans for half the game.

In the end you just sit down and analyse the game in the way you might if you were watching it on telly.

:lolol: at it again was she

Feb 16, 2011
BRIGHTON ...
but i think what ruins the atmosphere bare the stadium is some knob starts shouting sarcastic comments or corrects something that is wrong in the song .e.g.
gus poyet is magic he wears a magic hat ...
annoying man stands up: he dosent wear a hat (getting a laugh from his mates)

just let us sing ffs

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
i didn't go to the game against Portsmouth, but not only could i hear the great atmosphere i knew when we had scored with the almighty roar, not bad considering i live past the long man of Wilmington (carden ave), think last night was we wanted the win and kick ass, but also felt a little guilty in doing so knowing what Plymouth are going though, but would be great to get the atmosphere back to like the cup games

Some prat will start up that hideous leftside/rightside chant with G block, who (and you can't blame them for this) clearly dont want to have anything to do with H block, just point blank ignore them and we go back to silence. Why not try starting a chant about our team for a change?

:shrug:

Because they want others to sing?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
but i think what ruins the atmosphere bare the stadium is some knob starts shouting sarcastic comments or corrects something that is wrong in the song .e.g.
gus poyet is magic he wears a magic hat ...
annoying man stands up: he dosent wear a hat (getting a laugh from his mates)

just let us sing ffs

Then get a better chant, that is another wank and embarrassing chant.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3980620 said:

:wozza: Really?

Point is though, G block did not pay money to sit in the singing section, they probably don't want to sing (in fact it's quite clear they don't) so why not, instead of killing the atmosphere by trying (and failing) to get G block to sing 5 times and then return to glum silence, start a chant that the whole of H Block can sing, because in reality only about 10 people even both with that leftside/rightside nonsence any more anyway. (thank god)

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
The west upper is sooo loud, and especially near the away fans - it is awesome noise....the north is singing throughout and merges with the West upper, and we just need to get the east going......

....sorry, few months too early.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3980620 said:

Russel Howard didn't sing :nono:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Being told to sit down every 10 minutes doesn't help...

Mag one of the stewards at the Plymouth game last night in Block J kept telling these guys in H to sit down and she got a lecture by from one of the fans, and everyone started shouting 'SIT DOWN' at the steward :L

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Yes the row in front of us were 'hilarious' weren't they?

Not forgetting the guy in the row behind us who found it highly amusing to shout OOO ARRGHH at the Plymouth fans, I even overheard one of the aforementioned 15 year olds say "it's not funny"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
H & J blocks are poor places to watch the game. It is honestly MILES better in the family stand. Better atmosphere with better and more loud singing, agreeable stewards and most importantly no sad 15 year old twats close to getting a slap.

:wozza: Really?

Point is though, G block did not pay money to sit in the singing section, they probably don't want to sing (in fact it's quite clear they don't) so why not, instead of killing the atmosphere by trying (and failing) to get G block to sing 5 times and then return to glum silence, start a chant that the whole of H Block can sing, because in reality only about 10 people even both with that leftside/rightside nonsence any more anyway. (thank god)

If it bothers you so much Hust, stand up and get some songs going that aren't "wank/gay/pointless" or whatever you think they are instead of whining about it like a gimp on the internet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here