Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points needed for automatic promotion?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I had a quick look and thought 10 wins 4 draws 5 losses = 34 points, takes us to 87. Enough ?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
We'll do it.

Bexhillian

Jan 18, 2011
No one else can seem to string a run together this season so i think a low points total compared to other years. Gus wants 2 points per game, thats 92 points which i reckon might be enough for the title!!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
On paper at least some of the toughest games look to be on the run in (Sheffield wed (assuming their current poor form abates), 'uddersfield and SCC. Which could mean either on easy street by Easter, or a very nervewracking last few weeks...

This year ... 81 points will be enough for automatic promotion.

We need another 28 points from 19 games ... about the form that MK Dons have been achieving so far this season.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
84 points would have beaten third place in 7 out of the last ten years - that will be enough. Hell 80 points may be enough this year.

It wouldn't take just one team averaging over two points per game on the run-in to beat us, it would take two, and that's not going to happen, this league is way too competitive this season.

We are going up - but I fully expect everyone to panic lots for the rest of the season.

And here is a nice graph to show why we are going up

ACDAMABMnf

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Current points form

BOF, I do appreciate these tables but they are essentially just predicting the seasons form to continue, so the table will look pretty much as it stands currently at season end.
During the season form varies with good and bad runs etc.
Could you do something like take the current position, then add current form, (say last 6 home and last 6 away) projected to the end of season. This may give differing results as teams surge up the table or plummet.

As stated your efforts are appreciated.

:amex::ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here