A thread of great statues

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
stalingrad-memorial.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Two of the most overrated statues here. I've no idea WHY Copenhagen and Brussels put them on their tourist trails. (Well I can understand in Brussels' case because it is DULL)

the-little-mermaid-44.jpg

Three of NSCs FINEST tried to find it. And promptly gave up as it was cold and we had walked for AGES. That and the fact its about 1ft tall or something silly like that. We thought f*** it lets not bother.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
197150662_f53d4b983f.jpg

We did find this tho "Im Hans Christian Andersson"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blink.jpg

eeeeek

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Three of NSCs FINEST tried to find it. And promptly gave up as it was cold and we had walked for AGES. That and the fact its about 1ft tall or something silly like that. We thought f*** it lets not bother.
We nearly missed it ourselves. And then when we did find it, I believe the expression we used was "is that it?"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
lionmonument-lucerne.jpg

one of the saddest staues ever made. The Lion Monument in Lucerne is a giant dying lion carved out of a wall of sandstone rock above a pond at the east end of the medieval town. It was designed as a memorial for the mercenary soldiers from central Switzerland who lost their lives while serving the French king Louis XVI during the French Revolution.

When the revolutionary masses attacked the royal Tuileries castle in Paris on August 10, 1792 the Swiss mercenary troops tried to defend the royal family and make sure the royals could escape.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Two of the most overrated statues here. I've no idea WHY Copenhagen and Brussels put them on their tourist trails. (Well I can understand in Brussels' case because it is DULL)

MannequinPis2.jpg

The Manneken Pis is a masterpiece of subtlety and understatement compared to his relatively unknown (and deservedly so) little sister, the Jeanneke Pis:

marmot.jpg

However, the Manneken and Jaenneke do both serve useful purposes as they indicate you are standing outside two of Brussels's best bars - the Poechenellekelde and the Delirium Café's Hoppy Loft respectively - both of which should be on any self-respecting tourist's agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here