Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst car crashes you've been in (With pics!!)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I have some on my other computer from a really bad crash i had when i was 17;

I was driving my modified Nova (dont say it!!) around gatwick at 3am when a p!sshead in a BMW careered into my lane and head on into my car @ 50mph (i was doing 30) ...BOOM!

Broken nose
Broken cheekbone
Broken jaw in 4 place
Broken collar bone
2 Teeth knocked out
Bottom lip severed in half

.....and even worse, my pride and joy that i'd cherished in my garage 6 months before i could even drive was totalled.

Got some lovely pics of the car, and my face ... will stick them up shortly. (they are grim)

Anyone else?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Never thankfully.Lost loads of friends though through car accidents.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Ok downloaded the pics, the first ones are of my car and one of the tw@t who smashed into me....

img014.jpg

img016.jpg

img017.jpg

:mad:
img011.jpg
:mad:

img012.jpg

img015.jpg

img013.jpg

img018.jpg

As you can imagine by all the claret on the steering wheel and splashed all over the dash, my face was a state - i have got a couple of pics of that but im not sure i should post them up lol :D

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No photos but when I was a kid my father (who was extremely pissed at the time) overtook a non existant car on Hove seafront and drove head on into a central island. Wrote the car off and I broke my nose, shoulder blade, one arm, both wrists and one ankle. He wasn't injured, at least up to the point he had to explain to my mother what had happened

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There worst accident I was in was a spin on the road coming back from Dover. There were four of us in the car and we smashed into the central reservation three times. Probably travelling at about 90mph when the back wheel burst. Stuck in the outside lane with cars whizzing past and narrowly missing us was not a pleasant experience.

We had just been on a booze cruise to Calais and the copper told us that the beer and wine in the back of the estate would have stopped us from flipping, so probably saved our lives. However, the weight probably burst the tyre, so swings and roundabouts.

Pretty tame in end as none of us were badly hurt, but it could have been a lot worse.

The only other one I can think of was in France and a car mashed through the central reservation. My father managed to swerve and it missed us by millimetres. The two of three cars behind were not so lucky and the crash produced a massive fireball :nono:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Regardless of what Biscuit says I'll post it anyway. Thanks for the posts everyone by the way, I'll never forget how much happier it made me at the time.

That thread explains it pretty well tbh. Just to add it was a Fiesta skipping a red light and hitting me at a cross junction.

Chris/Drumstick accident

Attachments

• leg.jpg
    leg.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,116

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Regardless of what Biscuit says I'll post it anyway. Thanks for the posts everyone by the way, I'll never forget how much happier it made me at the time.

That thread explains it pretty well tbh. Just to add it was a Fiesta skipping a red light and hitting me at a cross junction.

Chris/Drumstick accident

mmmm, nasty!!!! :sick:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Chris/Drumstick accident

Just thinking if that had happened to El Abd he would have been back in training after 3 weeks.

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
Thankfully, apart from putting a Renault 11 on its roof, nothing, but I was part of the recovery team that removed some of the vehicles that were involved with one of the UK's largest motorway accidents, the M4 between J14 Hungerford and J15 Swindon on 13th March 1991. Its was horrific, and I have never forgotten the smell and taste of the air, we had recovered vehicles from some pretty horrendous accidents before, but nothing prepared you for scene we came across that day.
Here's a brief wiki link (sorry no photos, they were forbidden by the coroner): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_M4_Motorway_crash

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is that you user name is Drumstick ? Well done to have the presents of mind to take a photo as evidence. ( Have you had an accident at home or at work ?) :laugh:

p12_chicken_drumstick.jpg

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I've just taken up driving again for the first time in about 12 years, I really didn't need to see this thread!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Couple of exciting rolls - no serious injury.
as a passenger in my mates A30 hot-rod jobbie circa 1977 - he lost the back end coming round the right-hander outside the old Radio Brighton - rolled over and hit a tree base outside King and Queen - had to climb out the drivers door upwards as my door side was on the ground - put on a bit of a show for the queue at the bus stop and was late for work.

I rolled my Datsun coupe coming down from the Beacon towards Old Boat Corner circa 1982 - went sideways into the sheep field, somehow right between two concrete posts - flipped and rolled - remember climbing out through the windscreen [smashed] and picking up my tax disk on the way. Old Bill were suspicious as I stank of booze, truth was a bottle of cider sat on the passenger seat smashed on my head - there were glass fragments to prove and I wasn't even breathalised - it was only 6:30pm. Had to tow the car out with a borrowed landrover, Farmer wanted me to pay for the broken fence before he'd let me take my car [what was left of it]

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've looked at that photo for over a minute now and still can't work out where the legs are meant to be.

Queasy stuff. Fair play to all the emergency service people and paramedics who have to deal with this stuff on a regular basis - I'm sure I couldn't do it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here