Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Love how this thread pops up. Couldn't understand the stick he got when he was with us and he proved the muppets wrong. Considering he had a very bad injury at Burnley hes proved his quality by still getting games in this league.

And will be playing in Europe next season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Doesn't actually say it, but reading between the lines it seems Bruno thinks the decision not to keep Barnes was not a good decision by Brighton.

We had a director of football at the time, David Burke who upset a couple of managers not to say quite a few fans.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Doesn't actually say it, but reading between the lines it seems Bruno thinks the decision not to keep Barnes was not a good decision by Brighton.

Didn't it upset Oscar too? It seemed to be a factor in his decision not to stay with the club (although the guy seems to have permanently itchy feet so may not have stayed with a £40m kitty)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The thread that keeps on giving, here’s hoping he has an absolute stinker tomorrow though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As said above regarding booing and moaning at our own players - totally understandable if they’re not trying hard enough. But booing someone for trying but simply not being good enough? Utterly retarded. It makes no sense.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
If Barnes packed it in tomorrow, Burnley have certainly had fantastic value for the reported £450,000 fee.:)

We spent more on failures like Jutkiewicz, Sordell, Jelle Vossen etc...Barnes £450k v Nakhi Wells £5 million:(

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And scoring in Europe....Ashley Barnes!

:wave:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8549462 said:
Penalties don't count though

Yes, you're quite right. I'd completely forgotten that.

It still proves that Ashley Barnes still isn't near....no...I just can't do it! :lolol:

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
So annoying, when he missed so many for us. Finishing was always the worst part of his game

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What ever happened to him? Banned or went of his own accord?

Not banned.

Suspect he spontaneously combusted when Burnley were promoted & Barnes’ goal was voted best of the season at Turf Moor.

I believe he’s back on NSC under a different name...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Bless. New identity to protect his pride.

He was a total tit.

If he’s still conttributing to this site, he wouldn’t be hard to spot... would he?

I love seeing this thread getting bounced, just deserts to one of the most pseudo aggressive nasties I ‘ve had the displeasure of dealing with. Maybe he’s grown up... yeah.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here