Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But I thought earlier in the season that Barnes was not up to wearing the stripes, and after watching him numerous times, yesterdays performance at Bournemouth proved to me that he is out of his depth, and is never going to be the half decent striker we hope he will become, unless he toughens up and grows a pair of bollocks.

My personal favourite. I always thought Barnes might have done well if he wasn't such a shrinking violet :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The width of the post away from being a hero. Too often.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What I find interesting, looking back on this discussion, is how I'm not sure a lot of the people defending Barnes come out of it completely clean. The thread was started when we were in league 1. There were quite a few people talking about replacing Barnes when we get to the championship, and him slipping down our pecking order as we moved up one division. There weren't many people defending him strongly enough to suggest he would not be out of place as the similar position (third striker getting a fair amount of game time) in the premier league. Even those defending him seemed to think upper league one/lower championship would be his level.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wow , a striker scores a goal in a game of football .

What ever next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes would add something to the Albion, anyone who says otherwise is completely clueless imo. Or maybe just incapable of accepting that they were wrong about him. He is doing it in the Premier League and some said he wasn’t good enough for the third tier :rolleyes:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He is and wouldn't. We have a striker with a better Premier League record. Why replace like for like and get something worse?
Not like for like. It’s horses for courses. If you want a forward to play away from home and battle for you, then Barnes is your man. If you want more of a target man who can score but has defensive failings, then Murray ‘s your man, and Hemed isn't as good as either.

Jan 10, 2014
He was doing his Drogba impression at times in the first half.

Controlling high balls with his chest with that big ugly ******* Phil Jones clamped around his neck, then laying it off for a team mate.

You have got to laugh, he used to play for Paulton Rovers don't you know.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not like for like. It’s horses for courses. If you want a forward to play away from home and battle for you, then Barnes is your man. If you want more of a target man who can score but has defensive failings, then Murray ‘s your man, and Hemed isn't as good as either.

Nail. On. Head

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here