Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allocation

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
In response to the below, I do remember us selling out 4000 for a league game at charlton. We have also taken more fans to places like Peterborough. Why did the club assume we wouldn't sell outthis allocation?

Spank
Watford tickets
As the official allocation for away teams in the FA Cup is 15%, is there any reason why we haven't asked for it all up front? With Watford's 19,900 capacity, I make it 2985 tickets we should have?

It might stop the scrum of tickets come Thursday morning if that extra 700 odd was available?
I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.
Reply With Quote * * * *
17-01-2011*09:18 #2
Insider
Guy 'Tank' Butters
Because Watford will have to move their season ticket holders if we take the second part of our allocation, so we will only take them if we need them.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Bobzam the simple answer is we didn't - Watford felt we may not sell out the entire away end and didn't want to send us the full batch of tickets, which is absolutely their perogative. Watford have dispensation from the FA to only allocate half the away end (less than 15%), but instead they agreed if we sold out the initial allocation, they would then provide the second allocation. Our estimation was around 3500 fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here