Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cup allocation shambles

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Dear Insider,
I’ve never felt the urge to have a rant but now the time has finally come… My friends and I are Away Members and regularly attend the games, following the Albion all over the country. This season I’ve been to games such as Plymouth, Exeter, Peterborough, Swindon and I intend to go to Bristol Rovers and Yeovil over the coming weeks. For all of the games I’ve been able to pay on the gate and had no issues with getting tickets, so the fee I paid to be an away member doesn’t really assist me with anything other than games with huge demand – namely cup games.
Now I know this has been done to death over the last couple of years with STH stating they pay their money and should have preferential treatment, however, I pay my money and support the team on a cold Tuesday evening in Plymouth when the vast majority of these STH are wrapped up in the warm at home listening to the game on the radio. I’m not disputing they should get the preferential treatment that they dearly crave but I do believe away members should have equal preferential treatment.
We went to the ticket office this morning as we knew we wouldn’t be able to get logged in online from previous experiences with Aston Villa match last year. We were told the system was down, an engineer was on way and to purchase online. We did attempt but as we thought, we couldn’t get online or get through on the phone. The automated service on your phone line now tells us you’re sold out but there was no update or communication on the club website to explain to fans what was happening. We are finding out today whether we have been chosen to represent the club on Soccer AM that same Saturday but now, unless Watford provide us with more tickets we will definitely not be attending the game and I find that shambolic!!
Our support and money is only needed for league games…rant over until the next cup game comes along.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I will pass on your comments re the allocation of away tickets - which is a more general issue for the powers that be.

Regards Watford. Apologies for this morning's events, but the system went down for around an hour (at possibly the most inappropriate moment). If you are still struggling to purchase cup ticket please forward me your details via PM and I will sort this out for you. It may also be worth sending me your group's fan numbers etc, etc, so we can get you set up to buy online with ease.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here