Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Flyer" has been purchased :-)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It's with my greatest of pleasure, after many hours of scouting missions, and studying of times and races, and several abortive attempts at getting the syndicate going in the first place, the NSC Greyhound Syndicate has purchased it's first winning greyhound :thumbsup:

Guardian Hawk has been purchased off it's previous owners today, and will be renamed Albion Flyer and be running for us in the next few weeks. Keep checking on here to see when that first momentous run will be :albion2: I think we're hoping for a Saturday Evening, to make a great night of it.

I'd just like to say thanks for all the hard work that has gone into the purchase of this dog, Mark (Prawnsarnies) for all his efforts in finding out about what dogs were available, and visting kennels, etc. and Nigel (Barry Izbak) for keeping the financials all organised, etc.

Thanks to everyone else that has decided to get involved, and it brings a tear to my eye that something that I started has finally come to fruition! Thanks everyone. Barry (Seagulltonian)

P.S. C'mon the Flyer, C'mon the Albion!!

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
It's with my greatest of pleasure, after many hours of scouting missions, and studying of times and races, and several abortive attempts at getting the syndicate going in the first place, the NSC Greyhound Syndicate has purchased it's first winning greyhound :thumbsup:

Guardian Hawk has been purchased off it's previous owners today, and will be renamed Albion Flyer and be running for us in the next few weeks. Keep checking on here to see when that first momentous run will be :albion2: I think we're hoping for a Saturday Evening, to make a great night of it.

I'd just like to say thanks for all the hard work that has gone into the purchase of this dog, Mark (Prawnsarnies) for all his efforts in finding out about what dogs were available, and visting kennels, etc. and Nigel (Barry Izbak) for keeping the financials all organised, etc.

Thanks to everyone else that has decided to get involved, and it brings a tear to my eye that something that I started has finally come to fruition! Thanks everyone. Barry (Seagulltonian)

P.S. C'mon the Flyer, C'mon the Albion!!

shhhh dont tell everyone otherwise the odds will tumble down on its first run

Oh and a Saturday in the next few weeks for me would be great got the next three Saturdays of

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Hi guys. Just thought you may like to meet our new syndicate member.
IMG_0073.jpg
[/IMG]

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Great work from all concerned. Cant make the 5th but should be ok for any other Saturday

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Is he staying with Brian Clemenson ?
If so you'll have the pleasure of seeing me on Sunday mornings !

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Im planning on taking my little one up to see the yard the very next time i have a sunday morning football match called off. I will ring you Mark when that happens. Do we know when it is next running yet?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Im planning on taking my little one up to see the yard the very next time i have a sunday morning football match called off. I will ring you Mark when that happens. Do we know when it is next running yet?

Yes ring m8 be good to see you...I have checked upto Thursday and he's not entered in them maybe Friday saturday or sunday. I will post when i see it.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Mark,
Rarely do I miss a week so if you pop down to see Wendy Short and ask who owns 'Unique Billy' I dare say you'll be pointed in my direction.
Failing that I'll pop over to Clemensonville to hunt you out !
Strangely our boys look very very similar. Black with a white chest and white 'snippet' at the bottom of their nose.

I think one thing needs clarifying with members of your syndicate though.
If you have a dog that runs graded races it's up to the racing manager when he runs, in what grade and out of which trap. You're his bitch. You have no say in when he races.
Also, I think he got knocked over the last time he raced which means he'll have to have a trial to get back his confidence and make sure there's no damage done before he can race again.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
One more thing. Hopefully we'll both race on the same night and have a good beer.
Maybe both with winners too. Nice !

Oh, and dont forget that like most trainers Mr Clemenson likes cash. A tip is pretty much expected when your dog wins.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Mark,
Rarely do I miss a week so if you pop down to see Wendy Short and ask who owns 'Unique Billy' I dare say you'll be pointed in my direction.
Strangely our boys look very very similar. Black with a white chest and white 'snippet' at the bottom of their nose.

If you have a dog that runs graded races it's up to the racing manager when he runs, in what grade and out of which trap. You're his bitch. You have no say in when he races.
Also, I think he got knocked over the last time he raced which means he'll have to have a trial to get back his confidence and make sure there's no damage done before he can race again.

Hi biffer. Im sure our paths will cross soon. I will keep an eye out for your dog when at the dogs. Just to let you know it has already had the trial and came through fine so now just waiting to here when it next runs. Im hoping for any day but Sunday!!!!

So if the Albion are staging a charity night at the dogs, would we not even be able to "request" a run in that meeting?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Well if its for charity and a one-off I dare say it would be quite possible to race on a certain night but not 100% as the racing manager would need to ensure there are 5 other dogs of his grade suited by various other trap draws available to race on that day too.

Hopefully the 'Flyer' will be out on Saturday night. My lad trials before racing so I'll come and say hi.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Mark,

Hi Biffer.

Yes he trialed last thursday before racing in the pouring hard rain and got a time of 31.22, which under the weather conditions was pleasing, and he seems fine in himself, the guys hopefully understand we are not in control when our boy runs, just hopefully we can sway the racing manager not to run him each time in the afternoon as we would like to have a few evenings out where as you say we can have a few beers, along with your goodself, I look forward to having a chat with you to learn some more about owning a running dog, I already have learnt so much, I'm going to IM you biffer as I want to ask you something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here