Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under 21 Ticket rationale

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I suppose this is both a question and statement.

Would it be possible for the club to reveal the rationale behind not having a student ticket?

I only ask because to me it seems mad, you've been trying to encourage kids to come to the Withdean for years... we're now above 18! Think how many uni students would love to have a season ticket for Falmer even if they can't go to all the games because of all the games we've seen at Withdean.

But whilst this year i'm paying roughly £130 if i remember correctly next year i'm paying £500 and that is my second year at uni... how unfair for a generation who have supported Brighton home and away (the number of students at away matches is staggering) and they generally create the most noise.

Also, considering the stadium is located right near a university which I believe caused some friction it seems like a bit of a PR gaff, in a location with numerous universities as well as the one next door! (I prosume also by having no student season tickets there won't be student tickets for standard games).

I'm just really dissappointed and think it shows no loyalty. I have had a season ticket at Withdean for 5/6 years and have been to many away matches and cup matches and supported them for a long time before that 5/6 years and now I am priced out of a Falmer season ticket ... something I helped campaigned for. The fact that for students many season tickets in the premiership are cheaper shows it's simply wrong.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Not sure of the exact rationale, as I wasn't privvy to the board-level discussion - but I would guess the board feels that their will be enough interest without cutting prices for under-21s, as was done at Withdean. The decision has been made, but I will pass on your comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here