Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
People from oop north saying I'm going up to Brighton, seriously peev's me

That used to annoy me until I lived near Man chester for a few years. Actually it still annoys me but now I understand the logic. Apparently where ever you are you always go "up" to the Capital, therefore as Brighton is in the same direction as London you also go 'up to Brighton'
QED

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Supermarkets that don't put on a quick till manned by a person so that you either have to use the horrible self service tills or queue behind someone with a months worth of shopping to pay for.

astill86

Nov 3, 2009
Haywards Heath
People that blatantly ignore the queue for the self-scan isle in the supermarket and then stand right next to you whilst you're scanning your and paying for your stuff.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Children.
Canaries.
Soot.
Those stupid head torches.
Those stupid trains.
Pickaxes
My Bloody Valentine (the original, I kinda like the 3D remake).
D, C, A natural, A melodic, and A Harmonic

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Drivers in front of you that approach a green traffic light like they dont want to go through it then realize it is green and speed up at the last minute only for you to be left stranded when it turns red.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People with tones set to on and are on the phone constantly emailing on the train GRRRRRRRRRR

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
People who pretend to be American when saying a date and leave out the word 'THE'. Eg. June 1st. Not June THE 1st.

People who sit in the aisle seat on a train when the window seat is free then huff, puff and mutter under their breath when you ask to sit in the empty seat next to them.

If you were 6'3" you would realise that the aisle seat is the only one which allows you to stick your legs out without breaking your thighbone on the chair back in front.
No excuse for huffing and puffing though!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
seems to be a good thread for one of my pet hates. Watching American TV drama when 8-10 minutes in they still have the bloody opening credits coming up on screen. FFS

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
when you watch a series on Sky, and it goes through the titles, as said above and then 5 minutes in, the bloody adverts cut in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here