Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NSC GREYHOUND SYNDICATE - Name That Dog Poll!!

Name that Woofer!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Well, after a bit of a delay in collecting the suggestions, and only 3 years in the making!!,
the NSC Greyhound Syndicate invites, you, yes you the humble North Stand Chat board member
to get involved here and help choose a name for the first greyhound that the Syndicate will own!!

Pick your selection from the choices below please. The Poll will close on Wednesday 22nd December at 00:18

And the winning name will be the one that we hope to be cheering home very, very soon!

*** MODS, would it be possilbe to make this a sticky for a week please?? Cheers muchley ***

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Come on you LEGEND !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My god its so hard, I will have to consider things, must say I do like the sound of Legend, will Albino cut down the coice of dog a bit :lolol: Zamora could get a celebrity visit to watch it run, Bloom could also pay a visit and buy a round.

My only concerns about a non obvious Brighton second name is that it could get assumed it is a WBA dog or in the case of Albion Rover - a Scottish football team dog.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Purely personal taste, of course, but I would steer clear of "temporary" names, so the Gus one is out for me. The actual legends names, i.e. Zamora or Kuipers I don't have a issue with, but they don't sound quite right. Not sure where you're coming from with Albino - I know it's a simple anagram, but unless the dog is all white it doesn't really make sense.

For me it's between Flier and Bloom - I think Albion Flier is the better name, but the relevence of Bloom is more apt. All in all, of those to choose from, I'd go with ..... Albion Bloom.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Ledgend it has to be just sounds right!!! Come on you Ledgend!!!!!!!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not in the syndicate but voted for 'Albion Knights'

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
What is a GRYEHOUND? It's a failure from the off :jester:

I've voted... Albion Legend! Just because it'll be the best to shout/cheer.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why does Knight have an "s" on the end?

Do they have to have Albion first. A few sound better the other way round.

I went for Bloom, BTW.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
No need to be in the syndicate to vote.

We have chosen ALBION as the prefix because:
£ if we end up with more than one they will all start the same
£ and when you are down the dogs and you see an ALBION dog running, you will know its an NSC dog,
£ lastly, we only have a total number of 16 letters to play with, so ALBION is shorter than the alternatives

GO ON YOU LEGEND :yahoo:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Pity you couldn't have North Stand Cat

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
What is a GRYEHOUND? It's a failure from the off :jester:

I've voted... Albion Legend! Just because it'll be the best to shout/cheer.

Oh cobblers!! It was late, I was tired, I'm very excited (But thats another story :laugh:) Mods. Can you change the title for me please :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here