Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Le Fondre - again !!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I know he has been discussed many times on here, but being realistic how much do you think it would take to get him?

Cant see a prem club taking a punt on him, maybe a championship club.

Could we be in with a chance ?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
No, I think that Rotherham will want more than he is worth or we are willing to play.

Granted he has scored a lot of goals at L2 level but Robinson and Holroyd are also scoring at that level.

Obviously he is a better player than both of those two but not worth anywhere near the £1m that has been mentioned for him and the supposed £3m that Rotherham say they want

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I just really dont see the fixation about him some of our fans seem to have, Craig Davies has scored goals for fun in L2 this season to, I'm probably alone and no doubting he has a good record but I think he's slightly over-rated and would cost big bucks. We need somebody proven at this level if we are going to SPLASH out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know he has been discussed many times on here, but being realistic how much do you think it would take to get him?

Cant see a prem club taking a punt on him, maybe a championship club.

Could we be in with a chance ?
Probably £750000 to sign him, I'd expect him to go to a northern championship team....Leeds or Middlesboro are possible.

I think he'd do well for us, but I honestly couldn't see it happening at the moment. Ask again in 3 or 4 seasons :)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He is not worth what Rotherham want for him. No where near. He's probably worth about 300k (at a stretch), not the 2m+ Rotherham want.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I've only seen him play once and he looked OK, but I do think a lot of people like his name and might not be so keen if he was called Alf Longbottom.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon Le Fondre is quite gettable if we're prepared to spend in the region of £800k.

No chance he'd go to a big Championship or Premiership club IMO, as he's too much of a risk, and I doubt anyone else outside those two groups could afford him, except maybe Southampton or Hudderfield.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think it's the same problem we'd have signing Austin.

It's not the transfer fee, we could probably stretch to a one off fee for a player of that quality, but it's the wages.

They would demand much more than we could pay, making them by far the highest earner at the club and smashing the wage structure. We can't afford them in that respect.

Our only real option is someone 'OK' which most on here would moan about, someone 'good' coming towards the end of their contract, or someone 'unproven' and take a gamble like we did with Zamora.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When will people grasp the idea that he will not move down south. To make him change his mind would take an unrealistic offer of wages etc. Apparently he still occassionally plays in a 5 a side league up north with his old mates under a different name of Alf ????????.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
When will people grasp the idea that he will not move down south. To make him change his mind would take an unrealistic offer of wages etc. Apparently he still occassionally plays in a 5 a side league up north with his old mates under a different name of Alf ????????.

Why would anyone NOT want to move down South? :jester:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Austin would have far greater transfer value than Le Fondre. Austin has pace and is proven at a higher level.

Most clubs looking at Le Fondre will conclude that he's a big lad and thus likely to be pretty slow on his feet. That's why he can send fourth division defenders into meltdown but probably won't work out for him much higher.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would anyone NOT want to move down South? :jester:

He is a born and bred northener who dislikes southerners and everything about them according to people who know him well and play in the said 5 a side team. So I would put our chances of signing him at below zero but again money talks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here