Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer - that's why we paid the money

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Agree totally.
Think it benefitted Dunk tonight playing alongside him with his constant reassurance.
He'd easily slip into any championship team too. The £250k we paid for him has to be bargain of the season.

Jimmy Grimble

Great player.

In years to come Dunk will be better than him.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I text a few people after the game, "The day I fell in love with Gordon Greer...".

Proved he was worth every penney. Fantastic.

And Lewis Dunk, 3rd ever apperance, wow, just wow.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I really thought he was the reason we went in at half time at 0-0. There have been times this season where we've been so good it wouldn't have mattered who had been playing at centre back, but it's games like tonight where the difference between having just an adequate defender (ie Elphick) and a LEADER gets shown up. He was our best player when we were under pressure, both for what he did and organising the rest. Bargain I say.

I agree, he was brilliant last night as he has been all season, apart from Woking away. I can't believe some Swindon fans thought they got the better deal. I've got to say though that last night was exactly the sort of game that Tommy usually thrives in. He's at his best when it is backs-to-the-wall defending required.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was talking to Dunk from the second he came on. Immense display

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Fantastic. The point about leadership is key. We've been blessed with a lot of good defenders over the past few years but when the chips were down like last night, you need a calm head and authoritative voice at the back and he fits the bill.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brilliant. And to think a few months ago some MUPPETS on here had said he won't get back in the team and there was even a thread on how we'd wasted £250k (granted it was by gav1901).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I really thought he was the reason we went in at half time at 0-0. There have been times this season where we've been so good it wouldn't have mattered who had been playing at centre back, but it's games like tonight where the difference between having just an adequate defender (ie Elphick) and a LEADER gets shown up. He was our best player when we were under pressure, both for what he did and organising the rest. Bargain I say.

Agree 100%. Outstanding signing.I think he helped Dunk produce his excellent performance aswell. Put Elphick or El Abd in his place and I think an 18 year old may have struggled.

Lucky we've got all this money to sign all these players isn't it?!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I agree, he was brilliant last night as he has been all season, apart from Woking away. I can't believe some Swindon fans thought they got the better deal. I've got to say though that last night was exactly the sort of game that Tommy usually thrives in. He's at his best when it is backs-to-the-wall defending required.

Funny that, although I wasn't at Woking game a mate of mine who supports them was and he was raving about how well Greer played!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He was absolutely superb last night, won everything against Lambert who's known in this division to be one of the best aerial threats out there. You could see that he was aiding Dunk at the same time, which makes his performance even more special. It was interesting actually to see how Dunk played, as the last lengthy appearance I saw was at MK Dons where he did very well, but the game was a bit of a nothing match with neither team trying. However he looks like the real deal.

Anyway, Swindon clearly still feel that they got the better half of the deal, a view that's backed up by another defeat, and one of the worst defensive records in the league.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Funny that, although I wasn't at Woking game a mate of mine who supports them was and he was raving about how well Greer played!

Game of opinions I suppose! He was by no means the worst player on the pitch but he gave the ball away several times and looked generally a little shaky compared to normal, albeit in a team that was woefully off form. Admittedly though I wasn't there and you do of course get a much more rounded view of the game if you are in attendance.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I don't think I've ever fully agreed with you before (if ever!), but you're absolutely spot-on here imo. :thumbsup:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Greer is a fantastic player and deservedly our captain. I'm excited to see him playing alongside Elphick.

Howevere the standout performance for me last night was Kishichev who broke up numerous Saints moves and covered a large amount of ground all evening.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kishishev is player of the season by some distance at the minute

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Kish was bloody brilliant, and Greer was top class. What I was also impressed with was how we dealt with every ball into the box. It seems that after last week's poor show from corners we got a lot better. I can't really remember a corner or free kick that gave them a proper chance direct from it - if you don't count the Ankergren punch and Lambert lob header that nearly went in.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Greer was awesome last night, the first opportunity to show why Gus wanted him, and please Kish forget hanging up your boots, to put in 90+ mins on a big pitch like that and to get through the work you did, hats off to you m8.
Chamberlin was suppose to be the next big thing coming out of St Marys, did he actually get a cross in last night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here