Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple TV

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Anyone got one ? Don't always keep up to date iwth techno stuff but just came across this - so, what's the opinion ?

I'm not addicted on Apple stuff, love my iPod, but went for an HTC smart phone. iPad looks nice, but between my mobile and laptop, can't see a need for it for myself.

Back to the Apple TV, looks like you can stream stuff from iTunes - what the back-catalogue of films like ? What's the cost of "hiring" a film ? I see an older version of the Apple TV had a hard disk to store stuff, but the new one doesn't.

Thoughts please - it's my birthday today and thiis could be my present to myself this week.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Happy Birthday :cheers: :rave: :drunk: :cheery: :birthday: :birthday: :dance: :mexican:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
:birthday::birthday::birthday::drunk::rave:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Thanks for the wishes chaps but it wasn't really intended to be a self-seeking thread in that style. Still appreciated though, of course.

P.S. Marc - I didn't grow any chillies this year, but I did get two cats, brothers, and called them "Chilli" and "pepper". :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Go on treat yourself :birthday::birthday:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for the wishes chaps but it wasn't really intended to be a self-seeking thread in that style. Still appreciated though, of course.

P.S. Marc - I didn't grow any chillies this year, but I did get two cats, brothers, and called them "Chilli" and "pepper". :)

haha quality mate :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got one on launch day, lovely little bit of kit.

Don't have Sky so US shows etc that find their way onto my Mac can be streamed to the TV painlessly. We also now use the TV as our 'music player', again streaming from our iTunes library. It's also the best way I've come across to show off your holiday/baby/etc etc photos - iPhoto -> TV.

You can also view Podcasts (i.e. video ones) and movie trailers and the like direct from t'internet via your router, bypassing your computer completely. We've not hired any films or shows yet.

It would be fantabulous if iPlayer and similar came to it. It's effectively running iOS so there's no reason why that can't happen.

£99 - buy one. If you don't like it, you'll get most of your money back when you sell it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here