Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Edwards?

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Possibly one of the most memorable games at the Goldstone for me that Pompey game. Dissallowed goals, fights, Pompey in the North Stand and I seem to remember us being under the cosh since we scored in the 1st half. No idea how we won it but we did. I even have the video of that game in my garage somewhere. It was the only video I didn't either car boot or send down the charity shop.

We won it because Steve Foster kicked Paul Walsh a yard up in the air early doors, injured him, and that was that. Nice work....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We won it because Steve Foster kicked Paul Walsh a yard up in the air early doors, injured him, and that was that. Nice work....
He stood on Paul Walsh's ankle whilst waiting for a goal kick to be taken from the north end of the ground. I'm sure it was an accident:thumbsup:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Played against Stoke back in the 80,s did ok and i think Deano hit a rocket in a 1-1 draw,but like someone said inconsistent.

Are you talking about Edwards? He didn't sign until 1992...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Good player, tricky winger, yes you could knock him over with a feather but one of his traits was you couldnt always get near him to achieve that.

He would have been better in a better side, great crosser of the ball.

Respect!

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Couldn't be that bad if he scored agaisnt ManU, even if it was put on a plate for him. Something to tell the grandkids/claim to fame

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Decent player well liked by Albion fans, apart from a couple.

That's me, then. Must have been the two league goals in 24 appearances that didn't convince me.

He went on to play in a very good Enfield side that I used to watch regularly. Looked outstanding at non-league level.

Damn, I was clearly wrong in thinking he was out of his depth at The Albion in the third tier of English football when he so set the non-league world alight. Christ, what Div were Enfield in?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Funny how my memory plays tricks on me. I could have sworn that was Guy Whittingham but it seems he was injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here