Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Edwards?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah the pin point cross field pass, by Bob.
Why didn't we just pretend to have TV cameras at every game.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
yes agreed, at the time he was one of our better players though

Get out of it. Your memory is playing tricks my friend. Lightweight was an understatement, obvious to most who saw him at the time that he was never gonna make it. I seem to recall he looked the spitting image of our Aussie midfielder David Clarkson, another very lightweight, but technically ok player, around about the same time.

Oooh, that Pompey game, all around us in pen 1 of the North stand they were, seem to recall they got a bit upset when we celebrated their 'goal' being disallowed.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I always thought he was good.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Alan McLoughlin absolutely ran the show for Portsmouth that day.Bloody loved beating them.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Played against Stoke back in the 80,s did ok and i think Deano hit a rocket in a 1-1 draw,but like someone said inconsistent.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember Edwards as a player who looked like he could be something pretty good when we first got him, similar (as I think someone else has said) to David Clarkson.

Scored a couple of crackers, but was knocked off the ball too easily in most games and wasn't strong enough.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alan McLoughlin absolutely ran the show for Portsmouth that day.Bloody loved beating them.

My favourite Pompey game was in 1992, when they had reached the FA Cup semi final (astonishingly, without cheating the rest of the teams by spending extravagant amounts of money on players they couldn't afford), and were still clinging on to the hope of promotion to the top division.

We beat them at the Goldstone to extinguish their hopes once and for all, and I seem to recall they took it rather badly :lolol: with a couple of their thuggish players sent off. Martin Kuhl and Gavin Maguire spring to mind, though maybe I've got the wrong players...or even the wrong game :)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
he was pretty good in my memory. skillful, little bit of flair, little bit of grit.

aggro incident i remember from that pompey match was... clicking through the north stand turnstiles to be confronted by a couple of grappling fat fellas bumping down those steps towards me...

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He went on to play in a very good Enfield side that I used to watch regularly. Looked outstanding at non-league level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here