Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Edwards?

Beartown Seagull

Jan 11, 2006
Brighton
Matt has just started working for the same company as me and introduced himself as an ex-Brighton player. Anyone remember him? Was he any good?Apparently he scored for us against Man U in the league cup in the early 90s, the same match that Beckham made his debut in.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Scored against Man U

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He also scored the winner against Portsmouth in the FA Cup, when Portsmouth had invaded the North Stand.

I thought he was brilliant. Quick and scored some decent goals.

[yt]HytBc5A3do0[/yt]

[yt]spnv0tPrBQY[/yt]

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I loved him... had real potential.... was it injury that did for him? Left winger as I remember.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
He was a winger but, such was our plight at the time, he was thrown up front. He was quick and a bit flimsy but he did have a knack of popping in vital goals. He scored against United with his eyes shut I seem to recall.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Came from Spurs I think, as a winger he never really got behind the full back and tended to cross with hhis left foot when playing on the right, a bit like a mirror image of Dean Cox. I wasn't his biggest fan but that goal against Portsmouth got us an away tie at Old Trafford so he possibly saved the club financially. Strange season that one we played Man U three times.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fairly ordinary player who scored the winner against Pompey in a cup match the season after they had reached the semi final.

For that reason, LIKE. :thumbsup:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Possibly one of the most memorable games at the Goldstone for me that Pompey game. Dissallowed goals, fights, Pompey in the North Stand and I seem to remember us being under the cosh since we scored in the 1st half. No idea how we won it but we did. I even have the video of that game in my garage somewhere. It was the only video I didn't either car boot or send down the charity shop.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
He played in a crap team at the time, but I seem to recall he was a pretty useful player, quite lightweight though.

Great North Stand bundle for the Man Utd and Pompey goals :thumbsup::thumbsup:

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
He also scored the winner against Portsmouth in the FA Cup, when Portsmouth had invaded the North Stand.

I thought he was brilliant. Quick and scored some decent goals.

[yt]HytBc5A3do0[/yt]

[yt]spnv0tPrBQY[/yt][/QUOTE

Remember this as a kid in south west stand, who had the upper hand in the fight on the pitch?! looks like Pompey runnign away to me!

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I was in the south west terrace for this game and remember a pompey fan grabbing the corner flag from the south east corner and swinging it at anything that moved.
I enjoyed the goals posted above and remember Edwards as an archetypal winger, quick with inconsistent end product.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here