Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrating ONE YEAR of Gustavo Augusto Poyet Domínguez

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
How has it been for you on board THE GUS BUS, what has been the highlight? WHAT. A. MAN :angel:

Lets get a load of pics of Gus, slushy tributes, and some OTT man loving for our dear leader.

One year ago today, Tony Bloom, appointed "Gus" on a one and a half year deal, to steer The Albion away from relegation. Now things have changed, the team are playing sexy football, and the man responsible celebrates one year in the Albion hot seat.

Gus-Poyet-001.jpg

To Gus

j0441034.jpg

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I remember seeing Gus at the ressies a year ago with my mate, we were both like giggling schoolgirls when we saw him for that first time. A year on and it feels more than ever like this is some kind of surreal dream, a manager known throughout the footballing world who has taken us from relegation fodder to championship favourites sitting 8 points clear with falmer only a matter of months away. It should also be mentioned that tano has also been here a year too. I love these two blokes, thanks guys I can't find the words to express the happiness you have brought to us all. Long may it continue :cheers:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In Gus we have all had our faith in good football restored.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Yep Gus and Taricco, not forgetting Tony Bloom have at last brought a much needed professionalism to the club which at times was looking more like a non-league outfit, with players of the same ilk, sniggering and telling tales in the dressing room, thankfully they have all now left the club and never again will be looked at as some sort of joke club by the sea, one joins merely to have a good time.:amex:

Gustavo is a manager worthy of a stadium worthy of a great and historic football club, BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION.

There are very few clubs in a position like ours, and he has a chance to spearhead all the way through to the top in a short period of time.
It's early days in his management career, and all I hope is that he, and Mauricio, are enjoying themselves. The very best is yet to come of course, so one has to imagine that - once they have achieved a first goal - they'll want to stay in this job of work for a long time.

Fans should always be prepared for some down-turns and changes in fortunes, but all the while be supportive of the people at the helm of our beautiful football club.

Nods of respect due to Dick Knight for staying in there, and now let's count how lucky we are to be where we are and where we are going.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looks like calde has a right mullet there!

And why is Mendoza's Gusometer pointing to League Dos? ???

Calde's 'mullet' is Mendozas HEAD!

And the Gus ometer is pointing at Liga Dos, because we weren't very good in the most recent game. That's how it works. Win at HartlepoolS and it will flick back the other way.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
This time last year I texted people around the world - some of whom aren't even interested in SoccerBall - because I was so excited

Gus - you haven't let me or my children down - I love you, Mr Poyet

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Thank you to Gus for all you've done. If you could bottle what you've got & sell it to other managers you'd be a far richer man than you already are :laugh:

I've even got a faceboook group in your honour & there's over 100 members!!!

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
A picture wot I took at Gus's first day at training. Sorry it's so small. I've got more but they don't get much better. There's one which features Gary Hart doing an I'm A Little Teapot impression I might post if the size of this one doesn't result in a round of lambast.

Attachments

• DSCF6405.JPG
    DSCF6405.JPG
    795.6 KB · Views: 332

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here