Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking Dead

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm kinda expecting that to come about next episode, but it was odd the sheriff never asked about it!
Also his police partner necking his wife...I can already see where that might be going!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought maybe I'd missed something when I was putting the bins out.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Saw the second episode last night (no spoilers). Not as good as the first IMHO, lacked the pace of the first. But I’ll keep watching as it’s better than a lot of the other crap in the States.

One odd thing – they have a text competition at the end of each episode where the prize is you get to be a walk on zombie in one of the crowd scenes, does this mean they haven’t completed filming yet or do they just digitally change one of the existing scenes?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They're doing a second series, so persumably it'd be in that.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Bit strange how theres been no explanation so far about how this all happened. I'd have thought the black guy would've filled him in on how it came about that most of the population have transformed into drooling, rotting, revolting, ragged, stinking brain-dead cabbages just wandering around aimlessly in search for something to eat.

Kind of like turfing out time in Croydon town centre.

The comic's at issue 70 something, and it doesn't really do explanations - you might be in the wrong place for that.

It doesn't really do conclusions either- the idea I think is that it keeps going untill all the humans are dead and there are only zombies. Hope the TV series has the guts to follow that through eventually...

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm kinda expecting that to come about next episode, but it was odd the sheriff never asked about it!
Also his police partner necking his wife...I can already see where that might be going!

Maybe we'll find out in the 2nd episode if an affair had started before the sheriff was shot or its just recently happened because they think he has become a zombie.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This series is shaping up nicely and AMC have announced they will be making a second series

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The comic's at issue 70 something, and it doesn't really do explanations - you might be in the wrong place for that.

It doesn't really do conclusions either- the idea I think is that it keeps going untill all the humans are dead and there are only zombies. Hope the TV series has the guts to follow that through eventually...

This. Its been running for YEARS.

The lead - well in the comic - starts suffering a breakdown in the comics and there is a real ambiguity to his morals. IF it follows the comic.

Which is in B&W as well.

The story is set to run in perpetuity, following how different groups of people would handle trying to survive in the complicated hell of a world overrun by zombies. Although the book revolves around a zombie apocalypse, the main focus of the book is human survival and character interaction and development. Whether held up in an enclosed town, the middle of the woods, or even a prison the question keeps arising "who can you trust when the world's social structure breaks down?" The readers quickly learn, no character is safe from death or mutilation, even main characters. The story emotionally involves the reader as they experience the horrific events that could occur when people live in a world where the only person they could trust is themselves.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I like this series, it quickly found its feet. Good ratcheting up of the tension, a smidgen of black humour, story lines developing all over the place - I look forward to it.

'Egg' is rather good I think; plus, the black guy from the 1st episode is Lennie James, another Brit, and far too good to be restricted to just that one appearance, I HOPE!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've enjoyed the first 3 eposdes but I'm already getting the feeling every episode is gonna be the same: Emotional glitches, inner fighting amongst the ranks, a few Hack 'N Slash Zombie scenes, no real Purpose to the adventure. The major lack of "How did this all happen" is abit weird aswell, also the major lack of "If its just happened around Atlanta why are we sat in a quarry?"...surely they'd wanna get the hell outta there! Its as though the stories being stretched out too much already for me, dont get me wrong I think its great overall.....but just going abit plastic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm really enjoying it, its lived up to my expectations. Hoping they're going to escape Hicksville and go and have a look at some previous areas of civilisation, make their way to Washington and whatnot, have a sniff round the White House, maybe steal a 'coptor and go and live on Alcatraz or something. Thats what I'd do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here