Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to the NSC Greyhound Syndicate Sub-board

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
This is the part of the board to check out to see how NSC's own Greyhound Syndicate is coming along.

Currently getting commitments for membership on this thread here:-
http://www.northstandchat.com.php5-10.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/showthread.php?t=186795

If you would like to join the syndicate, please post on the above thread. Closing date to join 14th November. 1st Payment would be required on the 1st of December.

Any future news will be here, when the syndicate is up and running.

Thanks for taking a look :thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just a question of interest. Do the greyhounds get prize money for winning races? I'm half interested, but I don't know a great deal about it!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Just a question of interest. Do the greyhounds get prize money for winning races? I'm half interested, but I don't know a great deal about it!

Yes they do. The average first prize for a race at the Hove Greyhound Stadium is £120, and the other dogs owners in the race get paid £25 for their dog running.

Hope that helps :wink:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So what would happen with the money? Will it just get ploughed back into running costs?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
So what would happen with the money? Will it just get ploughed back into running costs?

Here's a copy of a PM that I sent this evening regarding a similar question.

"Hi Sam,

Not a stupid question at all, and very valid.

We're just in this for hopefully having a few fun nights out at the dogs cheering our greyhound on, with some Albion banter as well.

Any prizemoney will go back to paying the training bills for the dog, and any other expenses we may incur, i.e. vets bills.

Our dog will be what they call a "graded dog". They are the general dogs that fill the races week in week out. If a dog wins at Hove the average pirze money for first is £120. Which would cover the training fees for 3 weeks roughly. A dog is expected to win once every 6 or so races. If we should have a good season, I suppose there is the possiblilty we may divide up any profits, or prehaps invest in other dogs. We shall see how it goes.

Again, the aim is for fun nights out, and not necessarily a profit, but who knows

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Barry (Seagulltonian)"

J2 BHA

NSC Patreon
Jul 28, 2004
Well done for getting this sub-board sorted Barry!

You were out of the traps quick with this (sorry i couldn't resist! :facepalm:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here