Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THAT decision...

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Can someone please explain to me the logic in how the ref let the linesman INSIST it was a penalty when the line-o was in a worse position than the ref. Ref got it spot on until he let a BOURNEMOUTH player insist the linesmansays something else!

A complete disgrace in my honest opinion :tantrum:

Oct 24, 2007
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Can someone please explain to me the logic in how the ref let the linesman INSIST it was a penalty when the line-o was in a worse position than the ref. Ref got it spot on until he let a BOURNEMOUTH player insist the linesmansays something else!

A complete disgrace in my honest opinion :tantrum:

Also the line-o never flagged, so how can he then decide it was a penalty. BULLSHIT

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It's quite simple,really.Bournemouth handle the ball first,outside of the box.The ref is six feet away.

Bournemouth are given a free kick outside the box.Bad decision,but Elphick did handle the ball second.

Linesman,sorry,ASSISTANT referee,120 feet away behind a ruck of players and not in line with the offence over rules the "referee" and gives a penalty.

We lose two points,and these desperately failing match officials wander off to get another game without comment.

After the farce of the Rochdale "penalty" this takes the biscuit.

Can't these jokers be sent back to school,suspended as it were,until they have improved their performance in the Isle of Dogs with Dogger Bank football league?

This one was on telly.Will the league take any action?

Course they won't.Refs and their decisions are NEVER,EVER wrong.

Pile of shite.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Completely the wrong decision - as proven on the TV. But we need to start scoring more when we have so much play then decisions like this won't cost us.

Will the officials now be suspended for 2 games?

steve-c

this is just why we have to have the officials , explaining why they make a big decision like that, the officials were not the best today, understatement i know, we need the club to ask the fa why and then maybe they can pass it on to us.

so on to charlton we go :albion2::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here