Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lancing
    Posts
    1,857


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by withdeanwombat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're the team from Sussex,
    Sussex by the sea
    E-LE-VEN players and a crowd
    Who roar them to victory
    So shout you fans and make'em score,
    GOAL !!
    Clap your hands until they're sore,
    CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
    'Cos we're going up,and we'll win the Cup
    For Albion by-the-shore.

    We're the team from Brighton,
    Hove,byjove,that's us
    We're always fair,we never swear
    But now it's hit or bust !!!
    So shout you fans and make 'em score,
    GOAL !!!
    Clap your hands until they're sore,
    CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
    'Cos we're going up and we'll win the Cup
    For Albion -by-the-shore.


    Lyrics by NORMAN WISDOM.

    In the Albion v the team previously known as Chesterfield.

    27/2/65.Albion won 5-0,att.20,864.
    Scorers:Gould,Goodchild 2,Hopkins,Turner.
    Awesome - thanks!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,684


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gilliver's Travels View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I stand to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure those are most certainly not Wisdom's original words. For a start, it was never going up TO win the Cup, but going up AND WE'LL win the Cup. Those words make sense (two objectives in one) and they match the tune perfectly. "going up to-oo win the Cup" just sounds lame. And wrong.
      Spot on. It's amazing how many fans still sing 'going up TO win the cup' even though it makes no sense. We really do have some of the most twattishly thick pig-ignorant illiterate fans in the whole of Europe.


      I may have mentioned this before.

    • #13
      Loitering with intent
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      1,536


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hitony View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We’re always fair we never swear
      But now its sh*t or bust
    • #14
      Members salty seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Location
      Riding alone at the Gates of Oblivion.
      Posts
      1,233


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Spot on. It's amazing how many fans still sing 'going up TO win the cup' even though it makes no sense. We really do have some of the most twattishly thick pig-ignorant illiterate fans in the whole of Europe.


      I may have mentioned this before.
      WHO OUR U CALIN IRRITILATE U PLICK!
    • #15
      Members Tomnorthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      BN15
      Posts
      2,118


      0 Not allowed!
      Good idea
      "Bennett, right footed, from distance, What A Strike!! Elliott Bennett with an absolute cracker."
      My Albion Videos: BHANorthy on Youtube
    • #16
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      3,160


      0 Not allowed!
      Play on words by the funny one?

      We're always fair,we never swear
      But now it's hit or bust !!!
    • #17
      Members withdeanwombat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Somersetshire
      Posts
      8,221


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by withdeanwombat View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We're the team from Sussex,
      Sussex by the sea
      E-LE-VEN players and a crowd
      Who roar them to victory
      So shout you fans and make'em score,
      GOAL !!
      Clap your hands until they're sore,
      CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
      'Cos we're going up,and we'll win the Cup
      For Albion by-the-shore.

      We're the team from Brighton,
      Hove,byjove,that's us
      We're always fair,we never swear
      But now it's hit or bust !!!
      So shout you fans and make 'em score,
      GOAL !!!
      Clap your hands until they're sore,
      CLAP,CLAP,CLAP
      'Cos we're going up and we'll win the Cup
      For Albion -by-the-shore.


      Lyrics by NORMAN WISDOM.

      In the Albion v the team previously known as Chesterfield.

      27/2/65.Albion won 5-0,att.20,864.
      Scorers:Gould,Goodchild 2,Hopkins,Turner.

      Please,PRETTY PLEASE,

      THIS is Norman Wisdom's version of GOSBTS,as printed in the programme,and now seen on that marvelous film footage.

      Let's all avoid some shoddy misrepresentations of the Great Man's work which keep cropping up across NSC.
      All opinions expressed in this post are my own,and are therefore correct.
    • #18
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      London
      Posts
      2,220


      0 Not allowed!


      just a thought - could we get this off the ground for the last 3 home games?
      "She turned me into a newt!"
    • #19

      0 Not allowed!
      Hi Guys

      Sussex by the Sea

      Was composed by W Ward-Higgs (who lived near Bognor, South Bersted to be precise) in 1910, and the song was adopted as a fast march by the Royal Sussex Regiment and was therefore highly significant during the 1914-1918 war.

      You can look on the net for this, there are many entries, and if you cannot find the original words pm me and I will provide, There are the further words adopted By Albion and SCCC and I seem to remember the appropriate web site for the 'going up and we'll win the cup version' is 'matty boy'

      Best regards

      Alan

      PS I e mailed Radio Sussex suggesting they may be able to mastermind a recording of the song, with Horsham Band who I think is the one we hear every match day, together with one of several male voice choirs, with the Albion reproducing the words in programme and on the two giant screen at the Amex. The effect could have proved monumental !!

      Sadly I recieved no response from the BBC Radio Sussex

      Al
      Last edited by ferring seagull; 11-04-2011 at 18:03. Reason: further further information.
    • #20
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      The Brighton and Hove Border. Just orf The Drove in Brighton not Hove
      Posts
      22,218


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wgray_128 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hi Guys

      Sussex by the Sea

      Was composed by W Ward-Higgs (who lived near Bognor, South Bersted to be precise) in 1910, and the song was adopted as a fast march by the Royal Sussex Regiment and was therefore highly significant during the 1914-1918 war.

      You can look on the net for this, there are many entries, and if you cannot find the original words pm me and I will provide, There are the further words adopted By Albion and SCCC and I seem to remember the appropriate web site for the 'going up and we'll win the cup version' is 'matty boy'

      Best regards

      Alan

      PS I e mailed Radio Sussex suggesting they may be able to mastermind a recording of the song, with Horsham Band who I think is the one we hear every match day, together with one of several male voice choirs, with the Albion reproducing the words in programme and on the two giant screen at the Amex. The effect could have proved monumental !!

      Sadly I recieved no response from the BBC Radio Sussex

      Al
      Really?
      I don't care what you say to me. The whole first season at The Amex, I went to all Gus Poyet's pre match press conferences. I asked the great man what I wanted , when I wanted. It's something money can't buy.

      !!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •