Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Heading to the prom again this morning. Conditions not quite as good as last week (but a moderate NE so some help in the final yards), nursing a bit of a cold and missing my pacer, but still seeing if I can get aroud that 22 something and 64-ish% AG. Quite a bit of speed training on the cards between now and January to get my pace zones up before another thrash at Brighton.

I took to the hills of Hove Park and had a double disappointment. First [MENTION=3975]Ben Elton's Brother[/MENTION] hadn't brought his dog along and secondly it was a laboured run being hard to breathe from the start and put any effort into the hills.

Will take the 21:50 but I need to knock off a minute or so before feeling satisfied. Excuses are slight man flu and thighs feeling 4 consecutive days of the new swimming regime.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I went to Preston Park for a friend’s 250th. Got caught out by the crowded start and lacked a bit of motivation so laboured in at 22:27. Keep stepping myself it’s the off season and taking it easy is a good thing. Must get that Downland Devil entry sorted.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Who’s running the Brighton10k tomorrow? Seriously contemplating using the 10k as part of a long run. I had 5 consecutive days heavily drinking and felt hungover for 3.5 days after. Gained weight too so a pb feels out of reach, albeit conditions look close to perfect.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Who’s running the Brighton10k tomorrow? Seriously contemplating using the 10k as part of a long run. I had 5 consecutive days heavily drinking and felt hungover for 3.5 days after. Gained weight too so a pub feels out of reach, albeit conditions look close to perfect.

Edited for you.
Best to go out slow onthe run and enjoy it later on.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Edited for you.
Best to go out slow onthe run and enjoy it later on.

Good advice. The new earlier start means West Street Wetherspoons will be less busy for a post race pint.

Sounds like the Downland Devil is the NSC race for December. I’m already in mince pie but I’ll enter DD9 tomorrow evening I think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last week I finished in 78th at the prom in 22.21. Today I finished in 76th place in 22.21. Literally the same time to the second :rant:

I took a totally different approach as well, staying ahead of the 23 man but it made no difference :lolol:

Good to see [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Last week I finished in 78th at the prom in 22.21. Today I finished in 76th place in 22.21. Literally the same time to the second :rant:

I took a totally different approach as well, staying ahead of the 23 man but it made no difference :lolol:

Good to see [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conclusion: My pacing had zero impact last week?! Knew I should have stayed in bed. :D

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Bognor Parkrun for me today and a disappointing 22.42 (73.20%). But on that course it gave me an old git win and an AG position of 5th. If you like corners, bends, narrow paths and lapping people who are quite wide and like a chat with their pals, then head for Bognor! (On the upside, it's actually a very friendly event.)

Good luck to anyone running the Brighton 10K tomorrow - my only sub 40 and one that I never got the results for (I forgot to supply the SAE*).

*and if you know what this is, you too are heading for the old git age cats.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It was -10C (plus wind chill) this morning.

Had a nice treadmill run :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I’ve got to got to Toronto in a couple of weeks. I hope I’m still injured and can’t run [emoji23][emoji23]

Got time for a coffee ? Will be in York St.

Ooh, when exactly? I don't actually work downtown but I can get down there after work. My running club is actually just by York Street on Tuesday nights!

It's been unseasonably cold (even for Toronto) over the last couple of weeks. We don't normally get this until at least mid December. Looks like it's going to be a bit warmer over the next 2 weeks though (above freezing at least).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ooh, when exactly? I don't actually work downtown but I can get down there after work. My running club is actually just by York Street on Tuesday nights!

It's been unseasonably cold (even for Toronto) over the last couple of weeks. We don't normally get this until at least mid December. Looks like it's going to be a bit warmer over the next 2 weeks though (above freezing at least).

Arriving late Tues 3rd (from NY), leaving on Friday 6th..........happy to meet after work weds/thurs if that’s easier. Was speaking to my team there yesterday...apparently a new record for snow on 11/11.....one of my London guys (Spurs STH and of Israeli heritage) has been there this week. Wasn’t impressed with -17 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Arriving late Tues 3rd (from NY), leaving on Friday 6th..........happy to meet after work weds/thurs if that’s easier. Was speaking to my team there yesterday...apparently a new record for snow on 11/11.....one of my London guys (Spurs STH and of Israeli heritage) has been there this week. Wasn’t impressed with -17 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:lolol:

Yeah, there was more snow than I was expecting on Monday. Tuesday had the ridiculous temperatures. I had to get the running tights out for the first time. Not cold enough for the thick ones yet though!

After work on Wednesday 4th should work. I'm having my wisdom teeth out on the Thursday morning so I'll definitely be out of action after that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:lolol:

Yeah, there was more snow than I was expecting on Monday. Tuesday had the ridiculous temperatures. I had to get the running tights out for the first time. Not cold enough for the thick ones yet though!

After work on Wednesday 4th should work. I'm having my wisdom teeth out on the Thursday morning so I'll definitely be out of action after that.

Cool....will try to keep it free. Will pm you [emoji106]

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Went for quantity over quality today and used the Brighton 10k to pad out a long run (14 miles). Superb conditions but a final check of the scales this morning 13 stone 5 about half a stone above fighting weight meant it was an easy decision.

Tried to run the race at half marathon pace instead and came in at 41:01 which may give me the NSC trophy. Anyone else run today?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Went for quantity over quality today and used the Brighton 10k to pad out a long run (14 miles). Superb conditions but a final check of the scales this morning 13 stone 5 about half a stone above fighting weight meant it was an easy decision.

Tried to run the race at half marathon pace instead and came in at 41:01 which may give me the NSC trophy. Anyone else run today?

Nice one. Not sure whether anyone else was entered but I saw it being set up during my easy 90 min timed run this morning. My pace zones have been officially adjusted meanwhile. "Easy" for me now sits around 9.15 to 9.30 which means I can spend a winter targetting a marathon pace of around 8:30 mins per mile.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Sorry missed you - got there a bit late after running on the Downs this morning. Good to catch up with [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] afterwards.

Hooky

Mar 24, 2008

Managed a SB 42:03 even though my foot was tweaking for the last 2k. Did everyone else get the wrong text? Apparently my name is now Paul & my time was over 54 mins!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Sorry missed you - got there a bit late after running on the Downs this morning. Good to catch up with [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] afterwards.

Likewise - good to see you. I didn't have a particularly good race today - came in at 48m something, around 2 and a half minutes slower than my PB at last year's Brighton 10k. Still, I enjoyed it as always, and appreciated the cheer from [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] about halfway round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here