Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Back in the sub-22s and a PB at Preston Park this morning. I'm stupidly excited about an early morning jaunt on the Downs tomorrow. Less than a month until marathon number one of four this year...

Good luck to [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] for Seville tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
been really upping the pace recently so pleased with my Bath prep

last Saturday did 11.5 miles in 1.28

did Park Run in my PB this morning of 20.40. Going out tomorrow morning to do another 10-12 miles

3 weeks to go

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
been really upping the pace recently so pleased with my Bath prep

last Saturday did 11.5 miles in 1.28

did Park Run in my PB this morning of 20.40. Going out tomorrow morning to do another 10-12 miles

3 weeks to go

Excellent running. Soon time to start pulling in on the reins and get the taper right for the big day. Should enjoy it. What is it again?

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Excellent running. Soon time to start pulling in on the reins and get the taper right for the big day. Should enjoy it. What is it again?

Yeah the longest distance is now done and next weekend will be 9 miles followed by a taping off from there. It's the Bath Half Marathon. My initial aims were for certain reasons, 1.45 and then 1.42 but now aiming for sub 1.40 if I can.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah the longest distance is now done and next weekend will be 9 miles followed by a taping off from there. It's the Bath Half Marathon. My initial aims were for certain reasons, 1.45 and then 1.42 but now aiming for sub 1.40 if I can.

That revised target looks very doable.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Back in the sub-22s and a PB at Preston Park this morning. I'm stupidly excited about an early morning jaunt on the Downs tomorrow. Less than a month until marathon number one of four this year...

Good luck to [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] for Seville tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cheers...only just seen this (now enjoying a post-race cava). Not a great run from my perspective, just had no gas in the second half and it turned into a typical walk/run shuffle, just sneaking under 4hrs at 3.57. Pancake flat course and well organised, with a nice finish on the track in the Cartuja Stadium. Recommended - fabulous city for a long weekend.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Cheers...only just seen this (now enjoying a post-race cava). Not a great run from my perspective, just had no gas in the second half and it turned into a typical walk/run shuffle, just sneaking under 4hrs at 3.57. Pancake flat course and well organised, with a nice finish on the track in the Cartuja Stadium. Recommended - fabulous city for a long weekend.

Well done! One of my favourite cities, might have put this on the list along with Valencia.

Enjoy the cava - although an orange wine (at Alvaro Peregil) might be more appropriate.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Still pretty decent if you ask me - well done.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Under 1.30 for 11;5 miles and a 20:40 parkrun? You'll absolutely SMASH 1.40 in Bath. I ran 1.39 in Worthing last year and my times were nowhere near yours. Sticking with a pacer (if there is one) helped me – you might want to consider that...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Under 1.30 for 11;5 miles and a 20:40 parkrun? You'll absolutely SMASH 1.40 in Bath. I ran 1.39 in Worthing last year and my times were nowhere near yours. Sticking with a pacer (if there is one) helped me – you might want to consider that...
Spot on....should be closer to 1.35 with those numbers. Aim high!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I reckon Casey is running behind Cape Town there. Looks like Table Mountain. Shame I'm everyone else for the foreseeable future but I'll soon be back running for the f*** of it. Not with Nike though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The SDW run was as good as I'd hoped – weather was spot on, managed to run up all the hills in front of me and some decent prep for Moyleman next month. Ran 14.4 miles and then made it 20 miles for the two days with a nice recovery run around SBS this morning.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I reckon Casey is running behind Cape Town there. Looks like Table Mountain. Shame I'm everyone else for the foreseeable future but I'll soon be back running for the f*** of it. Not with Nike though.

Yeah, he visits Cape Town a fair bit.

He just ran his first race of the year - a 10-miler and averaged 6:14 miles. If he didn't seem like such a good bloke, I'd hate him. Got his arse kicked by a 60 year old though. The video of it. Also good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWEor6Kgjto

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Just in case anyone is interest, SiS are offering free running packs (supposedly worth £15), which you can get here. The only catch is that you have to pay £3.99 for delivery.

Alternatively, if you spend £10, delivery is free. Their energy bar bundles are currently 2 for £10 (RRP £11 each), which you can find here.

Overall, you can get two energy bar bundles and the running pack for £10, including delivery. Haven't received mine yet (only ordered yesterday), so I'm not sure on the quality/taste but SiS are usually pretty decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here