Page 2 of 1474 FirstFirst 1234512521025021002 ... LastLast
    Members
    somewhere between Worcestershire, Somerset or Amsterdam

0 Not allowed!
    Haven't run further than a quick sprint across the car park when it's raining for twenty years at least but it's my 65th in 3 years' time and I fancy doing a marathon just for the hell of it. Waiting for the dark winter mornings to start a bit of anonymous jogging
    1959/60 - 2018/19
    60 seasons following the Albion

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Reading Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anyone any ideas how to recover from shin splints?

Had it bad after the Reading Half Marathon in March so stopped training completly since then but can't get rid. Tried a very short run last week and they were killing the next day !
      There is nothing you can do about shin splints. The only solution is to rest until it goes away.

However, once healed, persistant running will eventually more or less eliminate this problem eventually. You just stop getting them.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      cheers

was wishfully hoping for some kind of Miracle cure....no suck luck

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      There is nothing you can do about shin splints. The only solution is to rest until it goes away.

However, once healed, persistant running will eventually more or less eliminate this problem eventually. You just stop getting them.
      When you get back to running, be careful to build up your milage very slowly though. Whilst this is good advice generally it is a must for some injuries like splints.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Just coming up for my 1 yr anniversary of binning my Gym membership (which I never used) and starting to run regularly. I've really enjoyed it and surprised myself at how much I've moved things on in terms of distance/length of time of my runs.

I was totally inspired by the Brighton marathon this year. Was an incredible day and I was just spectating, so I'm signed up for 2011. Currently finalising my training plans ... it's going to be a long, hard winter!

I'll be at ParkRun tomorrow looking to better my 25:45 of last week

0 Not allowed!
      Tomorrow at 10am I start the South Downs Way Race.

103 miles starting from the bandstand at Eastbourne to the Cathedral at Winchester along the South Downs Way National Trail. There is a 32 hour cutoff for finishing, along with cutoffs at each of the 8 checkpoints.

IMO opinion the best running site is Fetch Everyone
      In this great future you can't forget your past

0 Not allowed!
      Set a PB for 10k in Salford last Sunday (49.21) and in training for my first ever half marathon in Macclesfield on 26th. I have also entered the Brighton Marathon next year. I didn't start running until last October at age 44 and now wish I had started 20 years ago.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob! View Post

103 miles starting from the bandstand at Eastbourne to the Cathedral at Winchester along the South Downs Way National Trail. There is a 32 hour cutoff for finishing, along with cutoffs at each of the 8 checkpoints.

Wow ... Hardcore. Good luck with that.

I use Fetch as well ... Great for logging training, analysis of your runs and I can upload data directly from my Garmin.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob! View Post

103 miles?! Bloody hell, I was chuffed at doing 26 last year. Good luck!

I have just started running again after taking a few months off after marathon. Has taken a month or so but each run is becoming easier so will be looking to step up training for april pretty soon.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by deletebeepbeepbeep View Post
      I'm quite tempted by this 5k malarky, where do you sign up?

I'm currently training for the 10k in October 3rd and Brighton Marathon. I've been recovering from a metatarsal injury so have been doing more swimming then running recently, will be off the pace at the 10k but would like to be ably to complete it under 40m.
      I'm happy when I break 40 mins for 5k (and that's when I make it that far) !!
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky