Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Great day out! London really is unlike any other race isn't it? The noise, the support -so much goodwill in the air, the sights - I really didn't think much about the running. Absolutely delighted then to run 3:46:29. My fastest marathon since London 2016. As @knocky1 says, I had a bit of a niggle on Saturday - in fact my back was so bad I could hardly walk in the afternoon. Took lots of Paracetemol (NOT ibuprofen) and went bed thinking I was touch and go to run at all. Woke up feeling a bit stiff and then completely forgot about it during the run - the body is a strange thing!!
Set off at 8:30mins/mile and pretty much maintained the pace throughout even when it was quite tough running those last few miles into the cold wind on Victoria Embankment. Had a chat with the Sussex Emus at the end (@Guinness Boy Guy says you should call him!) Enjoyed a couple of pints in the pub afterwards and then home exhilarated.
Aching today but going to claim my free Franco Manca pizza later as part of my refuelling strategy :cool:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here