Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Great day out! London really is unlike any other race isn't it? The noise, the support -so much goodwill in the air, the sights - I really didn't think much about the running. Absolutely delighted then to run 3:46:29. My fastest marathon since London 2016. As @knocky1 says, I had a bit of a niggle on Saturday - in fact my back was so bad I could hardly walk in the afternoon. Took lots of Paracetemol (NOT ibuprofen) and went bed thinking I was touch and go to run at all. Woke up feeling a bit stiff and then completely forgot about it during the run - the body is a strange thing!!
Set off at 8:30mins/mile and pretty much maintained the pace throughout even when it was quite tough running those last few miles into the cold wind on Victoria Embankment. Had a chat with the Sussex Emus at the end (@Guinness Boy Guy says you should call him!) Enjoyed a couple of pints in the pub afterwards and then home exhilarated.
Aching today but going to claim my free Franco Manca pizza later as part of my refuelling strategy :cool:.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Great marathon runs reported on here. 👏
I've had my regular spring calf issues as I attempt to step up pace BUT I think I've got to the bottom of it.
My non running muscles are VERY weak and non supportive.
I got in the gym for the first time in 10 years and it was a real eye opener. I could only do 3 hamstring curls on lowest weight available! (They usually go in June). All leg work was a struggle. Arm work ok thanks to swimming.
The treadmill had a nice give for my legs and building up to a few minutes at 5:45 mile pace gave me hope for the summer.
No wonder my legs break down, so a new CrossFit regime has begun in the gym along with the old codgers HIIT classes. No full out Parkruns in the meantime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here