Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Yes - went to PP for their tenth anniversary. Jogged round in just under 30 mins due to troublesome calf/ankle.
Saw my sports therapist afterwards - suspected inflamed tendon relating to ankle instability which makes sense. Feeling better after some manipulation and got some exercises to bring it back up to running condition.
Have decided to drop to 3FC half marathon as no way I’d be ready for the full distance in a fortnight.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes - went to PP for their tenth anniversary. Jogged round in just under 30 mins due to troublesome calf/ankle.
Saw my sports therapist afterwards - suspected inflamed tendon relating to ankle instability which makes sense. Feeling better after some manipulation and got some exercises to bring it back up to running condition.
Have decided to drop to 3FC half marathon as no way I’d be ready for the full distance in a fortnight.
Sorry to hear that. Although, after 16 miles this morning, I'm not sure I'm ready for it either! 🤣

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Blimey! Has stopped running or something?!

Three Forts (I'm calling it a marathon, not an ultra) today and it was tough. Partly my own doing due to a lack of training and partly because it is just bloody hard!

Lovely route though with some great views. Nice to see plenty of familiar faces - including that of @Simgull as I set off (hope you had a good half). Amazing marshals and aid stations, too.

Not that time is too important to me, but I came in at just over five hours - quicker than Moyleman last month, which is a mile shorter. Chuffed with that and hopefully build on it for an autumn mara.

Hope everyone else is doing OK 👍🏼

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Three Forts (I'm calling it a marathon, not an ultra) today and it was tough. Partly my own doing due to a lack of training and partly because it is just bloody hard!

Lovely route though with some great views. Nice to see plenty of familiar faces - including that of @Simgull as I set off (hope you had a good half). Amazing marshals and aid stations, too.

Not that time is too important to me, but I came in at just over five hours - quicker than Moyleman last month, which is a mile shorter. Chuffed with that and hopefully build on it for an autumn mara.

Good running and reporting Bobkin. I'm very impressed with your pre marathon training mileage. It's working well on race day.
I'm out injured after kicking a bike pedal barefoot 10 days ago. I am the NSC Emma Radacanu injury prone sicknote. Luckily rest seems to help me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good work matey…..usually a cracking event, weather was pretty good for it today.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Hope the pictures are good because I was out there taking some of them. What do you mean you didn’t spot me just the other side of the Adur in my crimson away strip?

Great effort @Greg Bobkin

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Well done @Greg Bobkin - it was quite warm today and first real dose of hay fever. Pretty pleased with 2:06 having been struggling with an injury and hence lack of training. Was surprised to see it was only a minute slower than the last time I’d done it a few years back.
@jimhigham i think I did see your red Albion shirt but on the half course? It only struck me afterwards it could have been you as I don’t know what you look like without a rhino suit on.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good work matey…..usually a cracking event, weather was pretty good for it today.
Yep, the family are taking the piss out of my t-shirt tan 🤣

I saw Mark the Chelsea fan who gave us heaps the other year on an STE event. Funnily enough he didn't want to really talk football today...

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hope the pictures are good because I was out there taking some of them. What do you mean you didn’t spot me just the other side of the Adur in my crimson away strip?

Great effort @Greg Bobkin
Ah yes, I did. I think you rushed to get into position and take my picture as I ran past. Saw the top and almost shouted 'Seagulls' at you!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good running and reporting Bobkin. I'm very impressed with your pre marathon training mileage. It's working well on race day.
I'm out injured after kicking a bike pedal barefoot 10 days ago. I am the NSC Emma Radacanu injury prone sicknote. Luckily rest seems to help me.
Thanks gaffer! Hope you get back on it soon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, the family are taking the piss out of my treasury t-shirt tan 🤣

I saw Mark the Chelsea fan who gave us heaps the other year on an STE event. Funnily enough he didn't want to really talk football today...
He was posting shite on Facebook after we lost on Sunday. I told him it was good to see he was back online as obviously his internet was broke the previous weekend

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Great effort today @Greg Bobkin - and well done for getting this thread back on the front page.

I had a rollercoaster 3 weeks after my first ever DNF at The Brighton Marathon, followed by a PB of 3:04:49 at London.

I fully committed to sub 3 at Brighton, but wasn’t good enough and pulled the plug about a minute behind the pacer.

Ran to feel at London for a much more enjoyable experience, it’s by a distance the best marathon I’ve run.

Looking at Valencia now potentially in December for my next attempt.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great effort today @Greg Bobkin - and well done for getting this thread back on the front page.

I had a rollercoaster 3 weeks after my first ever DNF at The Brighton Marathon, followed by a PB of 3:04:49 at London.

I fully committed to sub 3 at Brighton, but wasn’t good enough and pulled the plug about a minute behind the pacer.

Ran to feel at London for a much more enjoyable experience, it’s by a distance the best marathon I’ve run.

Looking at Valencia now potentially in December for my next attempt.
Thanks big man and well done again on your PB in the capital.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here