Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
The thread has gone pretty quiet but protocol demands a report of a PB so here goes:
20.14/84.43%.
I can well understand, Gaffer, if you don't regard updating the table as a matter of high priority and hope all is well with you.

Fantastic - well done. Sub 20 is truly within striking distance.

In other news I believe Weakest Link returns at the end of September. As our gaffer has been poached by Dinamo Holidayovereseas does anyone want to take the lead? I will 10 days from Lisbon Marathon so will not be running hard.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Thanks SimG. A sub 20 is l a distant dream in a kind of so near yet so far sort of way.
Re the Weakest Link I'm not overly keen as I've got 3x10ks over the next few weeks plus my ongoing parkrun habit. Last time I was first reserve and could possibly be available again in that capacity if needed.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Fantastic - well done. Sub 20 is truly within striking distance.

In other news I believe Weakest Link returns at the end of September. As our gaffer has been poached by Dinamo Holidayovereseas does anyone want to take the lead? I will 10 days from Lisbon Marathon so will not be running hard.

2 weeks Wednesday at Hove Lagoon again.
https://www.brightonsports.co.uk/theweakestlink

£15 a team in advance and £20 on the night if any places left. I feel it will be a sell out as it was pretty crowded for the secret one in May.

I'll be unavailable for Gaffer duties and will feel let down if we don't have a team or two or three.

Anyone available put your name on here and I could do a Facebook for those who don't frequent these pages very often.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

£15 a team in advance and £20 on the night if any places left. I feel it will be a sell out as it was pretty crowded for the secret one in May.

I'll be unavailable for Gaffer duties and will feel let down if we don't have a team or two or three.

Anyone available put your name on here and I could do a Facebook for those who don't frequent these pages very often.

If it was a week later, I'd have been interested! Unfortunately, this is 3 days after the Berlin Marathon and I shall be at a small beer festival in Munich by that point.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Hove Lagoon again? So soon? It's not a 'no' from me just yet, but it looks like it's bad timing in relation to other stuff going on around then! It would be a shame if there was no NSC participation, though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If it was a week later, I'd have been interested! Unfortunately, this is 3 days after the Berlin Marathon and I shall be at a small beer festival in Munich by that point.

I'll be quite near the Beerfest myself in 2 weeks time. Good excuse to miss out on the WLR.
Good luck in Berlin.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I was scrolling for so long to find this thread, I had to resort to the search function!

Anyway, many of you know my feelings about 10ks, but for some reason I decided to run one at pace (for me) and ended up running my third fastest Strava time with some nice PRs chucked in!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was scrolling for so long to find this thread, I had to resort to the search function!

Anyway, many of you know my feelings about 10ks, but for some reason I decided to run one at pace (for me) and ended up running my third fastest Strava time with some nice PRs chucked in!

Must be something in the water this weekend - Kipchoge has just casually taken 30 seconds off his own marathon world record in Berlin this morning. Quite ridiculous.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I ran a PB in the Barnes Green half marathon this morning. Big turnout and virtually perfect running conditions. I am however indebted to the 1:45 pacer who I was on my own with for the last three miles. He dragged me through the tough parts with constant encouragement. It was like having my own personal coach!!. It did require a massive effort from myself though but happy to break 1:45.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has anyone ran Chicago marathon?

I was planning this event to be my 250th marathon but am a tad behind schedule. Will actually be my 240th.

Any tips welcomed

I ran it in 6 years ago. It’s a nice flat and reasonably fast course. My only tip is to book some vacation after the race as its an excellent and very underrated city especially if you like urban history, architecture, music, food and drink.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still haven't regained my running mojo. I'm running regularly, just not feeling it :(

I went and watched Kipchoge, and a bunch of friends, this morning. I’ve been in and out of running for a while now, Mojo and a bursitis issue which I can manage but it just won’t go away. But, I feel quite inspired by today, and envious of my friends, so I have just bought some new shoes and new kit and I’m going to get back into it. Let’s see how long it lasts!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I ran a PB in the Barnes Green half marathon this morning. Big turnout and virtually perfect running conditions. I am however indebted to the 1:45 pacer who I was on my own with for the last three miles. He dragged me through the tough parts with constant encouragement. It was like having my own personal coach!!. It did require a massive effort from myself though but happy to break 1:45.

Everyone’s at it today! Good work and well done.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I still haven't regained my running mojo. I'm running regularly, just not feeling it :(
I'm a bit the same - work, life and stuff has got in the way and I'm nowhere near the mileage I've done the past two years.

This morning was a good one though. I think, like you, I need something to aim for...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here