NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s back.....

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Had a brief chat with him running up to Church Road in this years. Good effort 10/10. See you in Preston Park indeed.

Hello both, just seen this post...yes its been a while, not living in Brighton anymore but not too far away...also life has gotten very busy, so while I lurk on NSC I don't post very often. Best wishes to you both! [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
500 up, 500 to go. Almost got run over today by a bloke pulling out of his drive across the pavement- He didn’t look. I survived though and ready for the next 500.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
500 up, 500 to go. Almost got run over today by a bloke pulling out of his drive across the pavement- He didn’t look. I survived though and ready for the next 500.

500 is good going in May and twice my effort.
If you’re like your namesake your wizardry on the wing probably helped avoid injury from the car but at least you had little chance of losing any hair from the scare.😁

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hello both, just seen this post...yes its been a while, not living in Brighton anymore but not too far away...also life has gotten very busy, so while I lurk on NSC I don't post very often. Best wishes to you both! [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]

Good to hear from you. See you at the Weakest Link Relay in mid June?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
500 is good going in May and twice my effort.
If you’re like your namesake your wizardry on the wing probably helped avoid injury from the car but at least you had little chance of losing any hair from the scare.😁

Correct on both accounts

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Having not been I'll for a year I managed to pick up a cold from Junior Orange that prevented me from running for two weeks until today.

The run was okay, but now my lungs are desperately trying to get rid of the last dregs of snot. All very nasty!

:(

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Return to track last night after 3 weeks due to allotment pulled rib muscle and the Bank Holiday.

Had a great session and felt good. Had a run in with a 20:20 5k runner for the last 2 min interval I stayed in front. I then followed on her heels for the final minute interval. 30 secs in I was at 5:30 pace and went to kick for home. I knew it was there but suddenly remembered Sunday’s Triathlon 6 days away and switched to cruise and let her have the honours.

I won’t name her but I did point her out to [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] at Ardingly.

Great to feel a return of the ability to kick! I thought it had retired for good.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Return to track last night after 3 weeks due to allotment pulled rib muscle and the Bank Holiday.

Had a great session and felt good. Had a run in with a 20:20 5k runner for the last 2 min interval I stayed in front. I then followed on her heels for the final minute interval. 30 secs in I was at 5:30 pace and went to kick for home. I knew it was there but suddenly remembered Sunday’s Triathlon 6 days away and switched to cruise and let her have the honours.

I won’t name her but I did point her out to [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] at Ardingly.

Great to feel a return of the ability to kick! I thought it had retired for good.

Good one. All set up nicely for Sunday's tri.

I had my first proper run for a month today. 5K in 23.36 with an AG of 71%. Got t be pleased with that, but I'm not sure if the achilles will be as happy.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If anyone wants to watch live sport then they might like to watch the 7:45 race at Ardingly tonight. Could be a record breaking night for NSC.

https://www.facebook.com/thepb5k/videos/375317953828801

After two massively positive races post lockdown it was a bit of a reality check tonight.

In what were far better conditions than the Easter race I was 8 seconds slower.

I can’t put my finger on why, but found it much tougher, whilst moving slightly slower.

18:18 is far from disastrous, so in the words of Liam Rosenior - we or I go again.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
After two massively positive races post lockdown it was a bit of a reality check tonight.

I can’t put my finger on why, but found it much tougher, whilst moving slightly slower.

18:18 is far from disastrous, so in the words of Liam Rosenior - we or I go again.

Good effort whatever the outcome! I could see from your finish you gave it your all. Good reaction too.
I see Chris ran a blinder and must have been a strong pacer.

Maybe you ran it too close to the Goodwood Half and needed more rest/recovery?
Anyway 👏 and onwards and upwards.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looked at the results from las night and the one that really caught my eye was a 60+ woman (a Worthing Harrier, I was pleased to see) who did 20.25. Wow.

Wow indeed! 94% AG if 60 and higher if older!

I’m really f**€# from a last ditch effort to get ready for the Tri. Last week had 2x20 mile bike sessions with numerous hill intervals ready for the climb out of Arundel, ran 6 miles return from the Dyke Saturday hitting the ascents ready for the hill in the Arundel Estate and finally hit the track hard Monday ready to die if the enemy is too close for comfort on Sunday.
Tuesday felt adrenaline buzz ringing round body but rested, yesterday thighs sore and much heaviness and rested, today more soreness and tiredness so will mix up stretching, roller work, slow run and an afternoon nap.

Should be ready by Sunday.....������

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I'd be absolutely elated if I got anywhere close to 18:18 for 5k! :D

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Wow indeed! 94% AG if 60 and higher if older!

I’m really f**€# from a last ditch effort to get ready for the Tri. Last week had 2x20 mile bike sessions with numerous hill intervals ready for the climb out of Arundel, ran 6 miles return from the Dyke Saturday hitting the ascents ready for the hill in the Arundel Estate and finally hit the track hard Monday ready to die if the enemy is too close for comfort on Sunday.
Tuesday felt adrenaline buzz ringing round body but rested, yesterday thighs sore and much heaviness and rested, today more soreness and tiredness so will mix up stretching, roller work, slow run and an afternoon nap.

Should be ready by Sunday.....������

You'll be OK mate. Just pre-match nerves.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Well spotted [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] looks like I’ve done enough to retire now.

1FAD44C9-4298-47EA-ADBF-3A67A0CD999C.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here