Page 1304 of 1447 FirstFirst ... 3048041204125412941301130213031304130513061307131413541404 ... LastLast
Results 13,031 to 13,040 of 14463
    Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Entered the Worthing 10K today and will be entering the Phoenix at some point. Also considering Bright10 as it's before half term for a change, though I might wait to see what division we're in next season and what fixture we have that weekend.

Assuming I enter it that will give me the same sequence of preparation races (BM10K, Worthing, Phoenix, Bright10) as when I was last fit enough to have a crack at a marathon so I *might* consider that sub-4 attempt in 2019. Might. Possibly.
    Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Entered the Worthing 10K today and will be entering the Phoenix at some point. Also considering Bright10 as it's before half term for a change, though I might wait to see what division we're in next season and what fixture we have that weekend.

Assuming I enter it that will give me the same sequence of preparation races (BM10K, Worthing, Phoenix, Bright10) as when I was last fit enough to have a crack at a marathon so I *might* consider that sub-4 attempt in 2019. Might. Possibly.
      Good news.Can't beat winter marathon training for forcing me out in the winter.

I've just entered a prolonged period of maranoia. Never realised entering 2 marathons 4 weeks apart would be a training nightmare no time for final training long runs for the second whilst tapering for the first. On top of that overtrained last week and have a bug giving a splitting headache this week. Decided to follow my own advice and sit on my arse and eat until I feel up for gentle running with 10 days to go.

Still on for 4:40-4:40 next week and a gentle sub 4 at Brighton. Very happy with current form and raring to start building up speed after BM.

I've entered Worthing 10K and Phoenix.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Am I right in thinking that we have lower than usual number of sidelined runners on the thread at the moment? There's been times over the last couple of years when the thread has been more like an episode of Casualty but now everyone who posts seems to be signing up for every event on the running calendar. Long may it last.

I'm just getting over 2 weeks of inactivity following man flu. The start of 2018 has not been great for me running-wise, but hope to get back to some sort of form as the sun gets stronger and the evenings draw out.

Wishing all crocked runners a speedy recovery - if there are any!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      Good news.Can't beat winter marathon training for forcing me out in the winter.

I've just entered a prolonged period of maranoia. Never realised entering 2 marathons 4 weeks apart would be a training nightmare no time for final training long runs for the second whilst tapering for the first. On top of that overtrained last week and have a bug giving a splitting headache this week. Decided to follow my own advice and sit on my arse and eat until I feel up for gentle running with 10 days to go.

Still on for 4:40-4:40 next week and a gentle sub 4 at Brighton. Very happy with current form and raring to start building up speed after BM.

I've entered Worthing 10K and Phoenix.
      A 'gentle' sub-4?

I've not done much - lazy, too much work, been away. Meh - it'll be fine...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Am I right in thinking that we have lower than usual number of sidelined runners on the thread at the moment? There's been times over the last couple of years when the thread has been more like an episode of Casualty but now everyone who posts seems to be signing up for every event on the running calendar. Long may it last.

I'm just getting over 2 weeks of inactivity following man flu. The start of 2018 has not been great for me running-wise, but hope to get back to some sort of form as the sun gets stronger and the evenings draw out.

Me. FFS. Minor flare up up of posterior tibial tendinitis.......was more or less ok at the weekend but really blew up on Monday after a short lunchtime plod, possibly made worse by old shoes and no orthotics. So effing annoying as supposed to be doing first race of the year this Sunday. Have not run since Monday, had an agonising sports massage Tuesday which found my calf in a bit of a mess and since then it’s eased a lot. Couple of days of elliptical trainer, lots of ice........might gamble if I can get through a 30 min plod on Saturday as the race is very easy to drop out of if it flares up again (11 times out and back on Southend Pier for the full 26.2 miles, another beer-fuelled ‘idea’ from the loons as Sussex Trail Events)
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Just ran 18 miles in 3:01. Longest I’ve run in ages. Very tough; I need to up my game somewhat.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Be good to have you running fit again. I still have us pencilled in for an old git weakest link relay team.
      I'm afraid that I have been knocking down our runners like ninepins. Last 3 comments I have put on NSC Strava has been followed by replies detailing injuries, Dazzer666 being one. Sorry guys, good luck with a speedy recovery and for the rest of you I'll stop all Strava comments for a while.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

You've jinxed me. My achilles went whilst playing football tonight. Never done anything like this before so I'll be looking up treatments on the net, but of course would welcome advice from the NSC running community too.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      You've jinxed me. My achilles went whilst playing football tonight. Never done anything like this before so I'll be looking up treatments on the net, but of course would welcome advice from the NSC running community too.
      RICE now. Rest, Ice, Compression (maybe not at this stage), Elevation. Ibuprofen. Hopefully restored by the morning.
      Could be a number of reasons. Calf muscles are easiest to sort out, even the hard to reach soleus. Good luck.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      If it’s your Achilles’ tendon you should be very careful. I doubt it has snapped because you would know it and wouldn’t be on NSC (!), however it could be a warning. Follow knockys advice and don’t try any stretching of the calf or Achilles until the problem is properly diagnosed. Hopefully just a slight strain
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did