Page 1302 of 1447 FirstFirst ... 3028021202125212921299130013011302130313041305131213521402 ... LastLast
Results 13,011 to 13,020 of 14463
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can I add my name to the 'You're Screwed in the Last 6 Miles Club' please?
    Just about to watch Laura Muir run what I call a long distance race.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      I even gave up 2 miles before the last 10k!

https://www.strava.com/activities/548348161
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      My 235 is completely buggered. Won't charge or record a run. Third one going back to Garmin

Without it I just went for a very easy paced run to continue to get over last week with a few steep but short hills thrown in. Ran Hove Park and St Ann's Well, the undulating Neville Road and down Furze Hill before finishing flat on the seafront.

Really enjoyed the freedom of just running where I felt at a nice slow plod but gutted that I appear to have wasted money on useless tech.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by FannieMac View Post
      Thanks for all the responses. This will be my first marathon. I’m planning 4*20 mile runs over the next 4 weekends (first one tomorrow) and maybe sneak in an extra 2 miles on one of them depending how I feel. Everyone says the last 10K is the worst, and not to set yourself a time goal for your first one, but would love to start off with a sub 4
      I wouldn’t do 4 x 20. There’s no need, it increases the injury risk and will also deplete your systems.......at least drop one of the weeks down (would suggest 2 x 20, then an easy week of say 10-12 then a 22 ?). Also make sure you fuel and hydrate on the long run as you plan to in the race itself - it’s not just the distance that can bite you on the arse......
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Can I add my name to the 'You're Screwed in the Last 6 Miles Club' please?
      I’m more worried about the last 60 miles.....������
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

3 Not allowed!
      Anybody out there run the Steyning Stinger today? I was one of the photography team. You might have seen me shivering just after Chanctonbury Ring or just before the turn for home at 24 miles. I was wearing my BHAFC beanie and definitely saw some Seagull related attire go by.

In any event: props to you all if you did 26 miles in that this morning. I'll be joining you all six weeks from today for the Marathon and this time I'll have trainers on and be joining in.
      Albion and Rhinos forever.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jimhigham View Post
      Anybody out there run the Steyning Stinger today? I was one of the photography team. You might have seen me shivering just after Chanctonbury Ring or just before the turn for home at 24 miles. I was wearing my BHAFC beanie and definitely saw some Seagull related attire go by.

In any event: props to you all if you did 26 miles in that this morning. I'll be joining you all six weeks from today for the Marathon and this time I'll have trainers on and be joining in.
      BM alone or with Rhino?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Went out for a lovely trail run with the Brighton Tri team. Black Rock car park to castle hill and a loop taking in snaky Hill and back.

As much as I enjoyed it I’m not enjoying everything below the waist breaking down. Add right calf to IT band and the visit to Jesus Tuesday can’t come soon enough.

No events planned until the BM 10k so plenty of time to recuperate but would like to run the new Lancing College 10k fitness permitting.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      BM alone or with Rhino?
      Alone this year. Am plotting the possibility of two rhino marathons in two weeks next year for Brighton and London.
      Albion and Rhinos forever.

1 Not allowed!
      Inspired by the match I ran a HM PB according to Garmin of 1h 25m 15s although on Strava it is registered as 1h 26m. I took a toilet stop and paused the watch but I'll still take it!