Page 1294 of 1447 FirstFirst ... 2947941194124412841291129212931294129512961297130413441394 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,940 of 14463

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weather permitting, I'll be happy if I beat that but 4:35 is far enough away from a straining sub 4:30 to make it my flexible target. I'm sure the pizza and Harvey's will taste better with 4:52.
    Just got the number in the post and a sheet of A4 sort of saying 'it's tough and your safety is your responsibility but we'll be there to pick you up of the floor if we really, really have to'. That's perfect for me.
    Have you any additional friends and family drink stations planned?
    Nope. This race was the reason I invested in a hydration vest last year. I think there's one(?) aid station, so I'm taking everything with me. If I'm honest, they do make a BIT of a meal of it – you know the route, it's not THAT bad (in terms of not being able to run it).

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      I think you're spot on. It's probably no surprise that the lunatic who does the 100-mile runs would know what he's talking about!

If Hastings is hilly and not a PB course there would be no point in chasing a time there and taking a week to recover. I'm doing Gloucester20 as my main marathon warm-up event so that's the one I need to take seriously.
      I'd go with the others – do it and soak up the atmosphere from the locals. It's everything that was lacking yesterday! Aside from London, it's probably the best attended race in terms of supporters the whole way around. Take it easy up the big hill though. It goes on for EVER!
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      I'd go with the others – do it and soak up the atmosphere from the locals. It's everything that was lacking yesterday! Aside from London, it's probably the best attended race in terms of supporters the whole way around. Take it easy up the big hill though. It goes on for EVER!
      Agree it’s a great event - and oddly it is my PB course!
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      I'm fairly new to races so I don't claim to be an expert, but my impression is that Worthing is a runner's event. You have to be properly into running to do it. The course is good for running/times but there are no frills. No crowds, no goodie bags, no radio presenters on the start line, no major advertising, no 'glamour'. Brighton, on the other hand, seemed to attract more part-timers, more charity runners, more people taking on the 'challenge' of a HM rather than experienced people going all out for time. I'm not criticising that at all, it all adds to the atmosphere of the day, but for serious runners (like everyone on this thread) I can see why Worthing ticks a lot more boxes. However, I think the majority of the Brighton crowd don't want to tick those same boxes, so the masses will continue to stick with Brighton in future.

I could be talking rubbish, but that's just my impression of both events based on one visit to each!

Edit: I finished 10% of the way down the field at Worthing but inside the top 5% at Brighton yesterday running an almost identical time, which I guess backs up my post.
      Absolutely spot on and why I want to do Worthing next year. I've done Phoenix 10K three times now and always finished well towards the back but it's where I got my PB of 46.50something. I'd much rather finish down the field with a PB than beat a load of grannies and be disappointed with my time. Phoenix is also the Sussex 10K Championship so it only attracts serious runners and it is also the unofficial NSC 10K Championship. You should enter it. You'll do very well, lots of people off here will run and we'll go to the pub afterwards. I know you don't drink but I'll have yours and you can get the peanuts
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

3 Not allowed!
      The Phoenix 10k is the next proper NSC road race, no? Is it before the Weakest Link?

We should get as many NSCers along to the Phoenix 10k as possible, then go and dominate the Brunswick afterwards.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Ran my first half marathon yesterday in 1:37:48, pretty chuffed as was aiming for sub 1:45.

Have had nothing but positive feedback about Hastings, times are pretty quick there. It is also the first race in the Sussex club Grand Prix. The competition has been reduced in race numbers to stop picking and choosing less popular race to gain an advantage. I would expect bigger club turnouts as the new scoring system rewards greater participation. Should be a really competitive event.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      The Phoenix 10k is the next proper NSC road race, no? Is it before the Weakest Link?

We should get as many NSCers along to the Phoenix 10k as possible, then go and dominate the Brunswick afterwards.
      The Phoenix is after Weakest Link but both good summer evenings to catch up after the run and enjoy a few drinks.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Absolutely spot on and why I want to do Worthing next year. I've done Phoenix 10K three times now and always finished well towards the back but it's where I got my PB of 46.50something. I'd much rather finish down the field with a PB than beat a load of grannies and be disappointed with my time. Phoenix is also the Sussex 10K Championship so it only attracts serious runners and it is also the unofficial NSC 10K Championship. You should enter it. You'll do very well, lots of people off here will run and we'll go to the pub afterwards. I know you don't drink but I'll have yours and you can get the peanuts
      Totally agree. I’d rather get absolutely humiliated by some proper athletes and finish last than have to weave around Karen, 53, from Mile Oak who watched last year’s HM, decided to enter despite never running before and has brought her entire family out to see her plod round in 3hr 20min in the mistaken belief she is the hero of the day.

I’ve read a few things about the Phoenix 10k on here and I’m definitely up for doing it. I tried to find an online entry option the last time it was mentioned and couldn’t see anything. Has anyone got a link?
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Totally agree. I’d rather get absolutely humiliated by some proper athletes and finish last than have to weave around Karen, 53, from Mile Oak who watched last year’s HM, decided to enter despite never running before and has brought her entire family out to see her plod round in 3hr 20min in the mistaken belief she is the hero of the day.

I’ve read a few things about the Phoenix 10k on here and I’m definitely up for doing it. I tried to find an online entry option the last time it was mentioned and couldn’t see anything. Has anyone got a link?
      Might not be open yet but someone will post one on here when it is. There will be a strong NSC contingent.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

http://www.sportsystems.co.uk/ss/eve...Phoenix10K2018

Only 39 have entered so far but it will sell out eventually. I entered 7/10 days ago having missed out last year due to injury.