Page 1288 of 1447 FirstFirst ... 2887881188123812781285128612871288128912901291129813381388 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,880 of 14463

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2-00.49 for me - bit annoying but great run. Was the guy in the white remf Tshirt anyone from here?
    @Guinness Boy was going in an REMF shirt I think ?

Cracking running everyone. Great efforts all round.
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      2-00.49 for me - bit annoying but great run. Was the guy in the white remf Tshirt anyone from here?
      Me!

1.58.53 on six weeks training, having been out for three months. TBH I hadn't even considered running today back in January, it kind of dawned on me as I tried to get some sort of purpose to my comeback and realised the runner emails were still coming in from when I'd entered last year.

For 12.5 miles I felt really good and even thought, to quote ppf, I had plenty in the tank. At the pier I got cramp in the back of both thighs at the same time and started to resemble a cripple. Got excellent verbal encouragement from a guy I'd been running with the whole way round before someone else pretty much physically pushed me over the line, Was expecting that last quarter mile to be at about 10 or 11 min pace but astonishingly Strava says it was 8.30 - the quickest I'd gone all day!

Enjoyed it more today than when I got the PB and certainly didn't mind the conditions although the first mile and the last three were hard work.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

7 Not allowed!
      Well done all the NSC runners today. Lovely lovely day for a run. Like last year, slightly shambolic organisation, not enough loos, ridiculous scramble to drop baggage off and get to the right pen in time (even if you arrived at a decent time in advance as I did), with everyone milling around and getting in each other’s way trying to work out how to get to the start. Still too many pinch points on the course and having to dodge round slower runners. Let’s hope the course was correctly measured at least this time ... all that said it was perfect running conditions (a bit of cold wind aside) and I came in with 1:43:57 on the chip which is a PB for me and nearly four minutes off last year’s time. Capped off a great weekend after yesterday’s win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      @Guinness Boy was going in an REMF shirt I think ?

Cracking running everyone. Great efforts all round.
      Yep. Also talked to a Burgess Hill Runner on the way round who'd had his 40th yesterday at The Amex hospitality. Nice bloke, said he was expecting to yack at mile 9 but instead he just ran off in to the distance

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Yep. Also talked to a Burgess Hill Runner on the way round who'd had his 40th yesterday at The Amex hospitality. Nice bloke, said he was expecting to yack at mile 9 but instead he just ran off in to the distance
      Good running fella. That would have been Keith Brown.......
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by soistes View Post
      Let’s hope the course was correctly measured at least this time
      Most of the Stravas I've seen have been 13.20 to 13.25 so I suspect the racing line was spot on or just over.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Me!

1.58.53 on six weeks training, having been out for three months. TBH I hadn't even considered running today back in January, it kind of dawned on me as I tried to get some sort of purpose to my comeback and realised the runner emails were still coming in from when I'd entered last year.

For 12.5 miles I felt really good and even thought, to quote ppf, I had plenty in the tank. At the pier I got cramp in the back of both thighs at the same time and started to resemble a cripple. Got excellent verbal encouragement from a guy I'd been running with the whole way round before someone else pretty much physically pushed me over the line, Was expecting that last quarter mile to be at about 10 or 11 min pace but astonishingly Strava says it was 8.30 - the quickest I'd gone all day!

Enjoyed it more today than when I got the PB and certainly didn't mind the conditions although the first mile and the last three were hard work.
      Well done mate, I looked out for you - thinking you world be near the 2-hour pack. The only NSCer I saw was @big nuts

Great comeback after injury.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Good running fella. That would have been Keith Brown.......
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Well done mate, I looked out for you - thinking you world be near the 2-hour pack. The only NSCer I saw was @big nuts

Great comeback after injury.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Cheers both

2 hour pack was exactly right. Started at the back of the yellow group and tried to maintain the same gap to the 2 hour pacers as at the start. Worked out perfectly despite the cramp.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      A big thumbs down for me on the new route. The pissing about round the Steine whilst necessary should be done at the start so when you see the crowds on your way back into Brighton, it's later in the race, not at mile 5.

Almost 8000 runners today and I think that's a few too many. The course was too narrow and I got clipped at least 3 times, probably as I'm a great wind break! Again use the Steine part early as wider roads, allow the field to thin out.

Bearing in mind they charge top dollar for the race, the organisation seems poor. The queue for the bags after the race was a joke, bearing in mind the freezing conditions. All the numbers were based on pen places so of course you get a major queue for the lower numbers whilst the higher numbers were unused. When trying to use the numbers up ahead, the bloke seemed thoroughly pissed off, I interrupted his tea-break. Not one volunteer from the queue's ahead were pro-active in helping the runners and their colleagues in bringing the queue down, whilst they had no demand as the numbers they were serving were yet to finish.

The only positive is it's 3.5 miles from my house, otherwise I wouldn't recommend this race.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      A big thumbs down for me on the new route. The pissing about round the Steine whilst necessary should be done at the start so when you see the crowds on your way back into Brighton, it's later in the race, not at mile 5.

Almost 8000 runners today and I think that's a few too many. The course was too narrow and I got clipped at least 3 times, probably as I'm a great wind break! Again use the Steine part early as wider roads, allow the field to thin out.

Bearing in mind they charge top dollar for the race, the organisation seems poor. The queue for the bags after the race was a joke, bearing in mind the freezing conditions. All the numbers were based on pen places so of course you get a major queue for the lower numbers whilst the higher numbers were unused. When trying to use the numbers up ahead, the bloke seemed thoroughly pissed off, I interrupted his tea-break. Not one volunteer from the queue's ahead were pro-active in helping the runners and their colleagues in bringing the queue down, whilst they had no demand as the numbers they were serving were yet to finish.

The only positive is it's 3.5 miles from my house, otherwise I wouldn't recommend this race.
      Agree with this. It’s too congested, poorly organised and a badly planned route. The Great South Run has more than double the number of runners yet the whole thing seems so slick in comparison. I’m pleased with my run and my time, but as for the event I vowed within about 20 minutes of finishing never to do the Brighton HM again.