Page 1276 of 1533 FirstFirst ... 2767761176122612661273127412751276127712781279128613261376 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,760 of 15322

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Billy no mates went to the Prom with his yellow racing shoes. Ran steady progressing miles at 6:51, 6:48, and 6:45. Realised an unplanned sub 21 was on the cards and borrowed some of Ninja's beans and went to 5:56 pace. May have pipped 21 or bang on it.

Very happy with best 5k for 18 months in middle of marathon training and some left in the tank. Only one place up the table due to @penny's harmonica performing heroics at Eastbourne. May be temporarily top of the Age Grade list touching 75%.
    Never mind my performance, 75:14 % is the heroic story of the day. Going to be a right ding dong between you and GNT this year.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HHGull View Post
      Good work. Eastboune is my home Parkrun - I adopted it due to it being very flat!!

I didnít even know there was a Ďmost travelledí list. That will be my aim post-Brighton Half!
      I thought Eastbourne was a nice course. Flat and green surroundings with a fairly good surface. My body let me down today, not the route, so Iíll be back for a proper crack at it.

There certainly is. You need to do 20 to get on the table - http://www.parkrun.org.uk/results/mostevents/

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      There isn't an SBS club, no Ė not as far as I know. Lancing Eagles (IKR!) (Wednesday nights they start from Lancing Leisure Centre) and Hove Hornets are the closest ones to here and are both pretty popular.

There is also a Tuesday and Thursday evening session at Hove Park. Or, if you feel the need to get out at the other end of the day (I tend to be out around 5:30/6am), we could form our own club...
      Lancing Eagles is the one that caught my eye, despite the name. Itís certainly the easiest to reach, but could I really buy and wear clothing that says EAGLES on it?

Iíve seen some of your runs on the Strava group. Youíre a crazy man. Iím still two hours from waking up when youíre running! There must be potential for a successful local club though. There are plenty of runners on the streets round here and quite a good variety of routes. If Steyning has got one then SBS definitely should too.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      I was only sounding off - the volunteers are amazing, to show up every week on a saturday morning and donate their time so hundreds of people can run the course. I struggle to get there on time to start the event, they're there for quite a while before and after. They're all heroes, and I love them. But this morning, we had a minor blip because they're in @big nuts' pocket rather than mine! Bottom line - I should have run faster in the second mile when I clearly took a nice rest and ran a 6:10!

This @Artie Fufkin fella is no longer welcome. I started the day intending to finish the weekend as number 1 in the table, but here I sit sat in third!

I'll say this though - nobody has posted a 2: to start a marathon time. Time to bring some pace.
      The nearest to a sub 3 hour marathon to my knowledge was the effort last year of @Herr Tubthumper he ran a sub 3:10 from memory. I only know one person who has run a sub 3 hour marathon and fair play. To run back to back sub 1:30 half marathons is a phenomenal effort and one I'd love to achieve at one point.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      The nearest to a sub 3 hour marathon to my knowledge was the effort last year of @Herr Tubthumper he ran a sub 3:10 from memory. I only know one person who has run a sub 3 hour marathon and fair play. To run back to back sub 1:30 half marathons is a phenomenal effort and one I'd love to achieve at one point.
      I ran 3:05 in 2016 and I’m going to try and crack the sub 3 this year in September. Which reminds me, I have 16 miles to run. Laters.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post

Lancing Eagles is the one that caught my eye, despite the name. It’s certainly the easiest to reach, but could I really buy and wear clothing that says EAGLES on it?

I’ve seen some of your runs on the Strava group. You’re a crazy man. I’m still two hours from waking up when you’re running! There must be potential for a successful local club though. There are plenty of runners on the streets round here and quite a good variety of routes. If Steyning has got one then SBS definitely should too.
      Portslade Hedgehoppers are another alternative - they always seem like a decent bunch and avoids the naming dilemma.
      Head in the clouds Ninja Elephant's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      A friend of mine recently quit the Eagles, saying it was becoming more of a social club and less of a proper running club. Everyone is going to have a different experience, but I'd be wary. As also pointed out, their name is an abomination too!
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Super Saturday was probably the greatest virtual race day in NSC history!

A word for @The Complete Badger. I'd take this week very very easy. Massive taper to 25% of mileage and go into next Sunday raring to go. Rest till Wednesday and then do 5x 1 mile intervals at just below race pace. Followed by 24 to 25 minute Parkrun on Saturday with a couple of 100m at half marathon pace. You'll enjoy Brighton Half more. Time to reign in.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      I thought Eastbourne was a nice course. Flat and green surroundings with a fairly good surface. My body let me down today, not the route, so Iíll be back for a proper crack at it.

There certainly is. You need to do 20 to get on the table - http://www.parkrun.org.uk/results/mostevents/

Lancing Eagles is the one that caught my eye, despite the name. Itís certainly the easiest to reach, but could I really buy and wear clothing that says EAGLES on it?

Iíve seen some of your runs on the Strava group. Youíre a crazy man. Iím still two hours from waking up when youíre running! There must be potential for a successful local club though. There are plenty of runners on the streets round here and quite a good variety of routes. If Steyning has got one then SBS definitely should too.
      Not sure about crazy (although I guess all of us are a little bit) but I've always been good at early mornings - it's just what works for me

You're right though - I think there is the potential for a running club. I even see other runners around pre-dawn!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Hi all. My running has been a bit slack for a couple of months, so looking to get inspired with a couple of races to aim for in a month or two. Does anyone know of any good 5 and 10k's coming up in the next few months? Thanks in advance!
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      11 miles this morning at 9.35 pace. Ready for next week? Definitely.

You'll have to imagine the run on strava though as the ****ing 235 got stuck again when I charged it and rebooting it wiped the activity files. Arrgh. I would definitely avoid if I were you @The Complete Badger as that's now the third one that's gone wrong on me.

Stopped off to talk to @knocky1 on my cool down who was looking fit as a fiddle. Glad I've already bailed on the marathon!

Plan next week is to go with the 2 hour pace group and see what happens. @Jambo Seagull I will PM you when we've made travel arrangements.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.