Page 1274 of 1447 FirstFirst ... 2747741174122412641271127212731274127512761277128413241374 ... LastLast
Results 12,731 to 12,740 of 14463
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    What a great morning for a run. Went out at 7am for just under 10 miles at a nice and steady pace, barely any wind a clear blue sky. I'll look forward to seeing 5k times posted within the next hour.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Shame you weren't able to make the Prom, @big nuts. I woke up at 08:40 this morning so it was a very quick jog to the start of Hove Park. Luckily, it started late so I went off on the whistle.

The bad news is that your reign of terror at the top of the tree is over, for now! 18:43 or 18:44 depending on their official timing. I was really feeling it, having only been out for a single run of just under 5 miles this week - marathon training will start with a vengeance tomorrow!
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Billy no mates went to the Prom with his yellow racing shoes. Ran steady progressing miles at 6:51, 6:48, and 6:45. Realised an unplanned sub 21 was on the cards and borrowed some of Ninja's beans and went to 5:56 pace. May have pipped 21 or bang on it.

Very happy with best 5k for 18 months in middle of marathon training and some left in the tank. Only one place up the table due to @penny's harmonica performing heroics at Eastbourne. May be temporarily top of the Age Grade list touching 75%.

1 Not allowed!
      Guest appearance for me at Cannon Hill Parkrun in Birmingham this morning. A good performance overall, and fastest mile PB for me at 7.43 (twice in the 5k). Well pleased with that.
      "It all ended Hereford United 1, Brighton & Hove Albion 1. We've got dogs on the field, we've got Hereford fans coming across to attack the Brighton players, we've got riot police, we've got stewards, we've got everything here that football shouldn't have. The Brighton players have gone across to their fans, and Albion remain in the football league"

0 Not allowed!
      Well, Hove Park's timekeeping is atrocious. I started on the whistle, but they're at least 2 seconds wrong, probably 3. They've given me 18:46, which obviously I'm not happy with as it means the Big Man retains #1 in our table, for another week. I'm getting him next week, mark my words.

Cracking running @knocky1 - man on fire!
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Sneaked in at 20:59. 75.14% is now everyone's target AG. Perfect conditions. Back to plodding tomorrow.

Timekeeping spot on at the Prom @Ninja Elephant but I have noticed Hove Park out by a few seconds most weeks. Glad the effort is on next week. I'm keeping the beans in the tin for a month now and getting on with hills in my lovely new Salomon Speedcross.

2 Not allowed!
      I knew I wasn’t going to be fast this week so I headed over to Eastbourne to tick off a new course. That’s my 20th different parkrun course completed, which will get me a spot on the Parkrun ‘most travelled’ table. Exciting!

It was good to see @penny’s harmonica on good form, although I only saw the back of him until I realised who it was after the finish line. Is it a bit weird to say I was genuinely thinking ‘I really like the blue jacket the man in front of me is wearing’ as I ran?!

I knew I’d not be threatening a PB today but I didn’t realise just how tired my legs are. I had a good first 1km in 3:55 and at pretty much that exact point I realised I had nothing in my legs at all, no energy, my thighs felt so tight. From then on it was that awful feeling of getting slower and slower and having nothing in the tank at all to arrest the slide. I finished in 20:49 and to be honest that flatters me. I haven’t felt like that for a long time but I deserve it as my preparation/recovery is poor. I clearly hadn’t let my legs recover from Worthing yet I’ve still run 40km in the six days since. Stupid. I just want Brighton HM out the way now so I can get back to a normal routine.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well, Hove Park's timekeeping is atrocious. I started on the whistle, but they're at least 2 seconds wrong, probably 3. They've given me 18:46, which obviously I'm not happy with as it means the Big Man retains #1 in our table, for another week. I'm getting him next week, mark my words.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      I knew I wasn’t going to be fast this week so I headed over to Eastbourne to tick off a new course. That’s my 20th different parkrun course completed, which will get me a spot on the Parkrun ‘most travelled’ table. Exciting!

It was good to see @penny’s harmonica on good form, although I only saw the back of him until I realised who it was after the finish line. Is it a bit weird to say I was genuinely thinking ‘I really like the blue jacket the man in front of me is wearing’ as I ran?!

I knew I’d not be threatening a PB today but I didn’t realise just how tired my legs are. I had a good first 1km in 3:55 and at pretty much that exact point I realised I had nothing in my legs at all, no energy, my thighs felt so tight. From then on it was that awful feeling of getting slower and slower and having nothing in the tank at all to arrest the slide. I finished in 20:49 and to be honest that flatters me. I haven’t felt like that for a long time but I deserve it as my preparation/recovery is poor. I clearly hadn’t let my legs recover from Worthing yet I’ve still run 40km in the six days since. Stupid. I just want Brighton HM out the way now so I can get back to a normal routine.
      Good work. Eastboune is my home Parkrun - I adopted it due to it being very flat!!

I didn’t even know there was a ‘most travelled’ list. That will be my aim post-Brighton Half!
      "It all ended Hereford United 1, Brighton & Hove Albion 1. We've got dogs on the field, we've got Hereford fans coming across to attack the Brighton players, we've got riot police, we've got stewards, we've got everything here that football shouldn't have. The Brighton players have gone across to their fans, and Albion remain in the football league"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post

They are gods for organising it every week, but they are often out. Occasionally the timekeepers along the route are way out as well, which can be slightly annoying if you're a nerd.

Congrats to everyone who ran this morning
      The Seagull Line

Overweight, frustrated, unsuccessful