Page 1269 of 1533 FirstFirst ... 2697691169121912591266126712681269127012711272127913191369 ... LastLast
Results 12,681 to 12,690 of 15322
    Head in the clouds Ninja Elephant's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I'm recovering unusually slowly from Worthing, I'm going to step out for a few miles this evening after work and I've been in the gym doing some light work in the last couple of days but I'm really feeling the pace - which can only be a good sign! But I need to run like that twice at the marathon. I'm contemplating running the Isle of Man marathon as I'll be on the island anyway, two weeks before BM. I wouldn't intend to run at full pace but the reality is that I'd probably get a bit excited.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm recovering unusually slowly from Worthing,
      It is probably just the accumulation of miles you're running at the moment. We're at a similar stage in our marathon training (I also ran 13 miles at the weekend) and I'm finding it hard work too... though I'm running less days and less miles than you are! The two cross training days are a bit of relief, though I'll admit that yesterday's swim was a chore - which is rare for me.

Take a break from running for a few days, your body will thank you.
      When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Curious Orange View Post
      It is probably just the accumulation of miles you're running at the moment. We're at a similar stage in our marathon training (I also ran 13 miles at the weekend) and I'm finding it hard work too... though I'm running less days and less miles than you are! The two cross training days are a bit of relief, though I'll admit that yesterday's swim was a chore - which is rare for me.

Take a break from running for a few days, your body will thank you.
      He's certainly pushing a number of parameters: distance, speed,hills,racing and getting out of bed in the mornings. Time for an easy recovery week.

Different for me as a vintage model coming back from a year out but I have had to work on recovery whilst building up mileage and climbing. Having forced easy week followed by hard week. Unfortunately that means 3 days stretching and walking after this Sundays 18 mile run. Then easy prom 8 miles tomorrow and a flat 15 mile Sunday (thinking of Brighton Marathon).

Next week I'm really looking forward to. Planned accumulative 5,000' climbing and a 20 mile long run on the Sunday. 3 weeks out from The Moyleman marathon. I'd say I was ready for it as long as Mt Caburn collapses before race day.

Back into enjoying the long runs and no time pressure for two upcoming marathons......
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      I'm recovering unusually slowly from Worthing, I'm going to step out for a few miles this evening after work and I've been in the gym doing some light work in the last couple of days but I'm really feeling the pace - which can only be a good sign! But I need to run like that twice at the marathon. I'm contemplating running the Isle of Man marathon as I'll be on the island anyway, two weeks before BM. I wouldn't intend to run at full pace but the reality is that I'd probably get a bit excited.
      You’re not the only one. Was moving like an old man Tuesday evening and have felt the effects all week up until now. Sports massage Friday as want to give Hove Prom a go Saturday to beat my SB and hopefully PB.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      You’re not the only one. Was moving like an old man Tuesday evening and have felt the effects all week up until now. Sports massage Friday as want to give Hove Prom a go Saturday to beat my SB and hopefully PB.
      Your body still recovering from Sunday's exertions and a sports massage less than 24 hours before a race make Parkrun on Saturday high risk. We don't run to be sensible but I'd reccommend dropping 30 seconds off finish time and/or wait a week.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      He's certainly pushing a number of parameters: distance, speed,hills,racing and getting out of bed in the mornings. Time for an easy recovery week.

Different for me as a vintage model coming back from a year out but I have had to work on recovery whilst building up mileage and climbing. Having forced easy week followed by hard week. Unfortunately that means 3 days stretching and walking after this Sundays 18 mile run. Then easy prom 8 miles tomorrow and a flat 15 mile Sunday (thinking of Brighton Marathon).

Next week I'm really looking forward to. Planned accumulative 5,000' climbing and a 20 mile long run on the Sunday. 3 weeks out from The Moyleman marathon. I'd say I was ready for it as long as Mt Caburn collapses before race day.

Back into enjoying the long runs and no time pressure for two upcoming marathons......
      You seem to be in 'heavy duty' territory! Have you got a target time for the Moyleman? It's a tough course I believe? My venture into marathon territory last November was not a success either in terms of performance (4:50) or aftermath (hamstrings). It makes you respect the distance. Consequently, for now I'm back on only Parkruns as I try to escape various niggles. I'm hoping to be a pest and post new SBs for uploading (for which many thanks) - I'm stuck at the wrong side of 22.00 for now.

Pleased to hear that the training is going so well. I've got a feeling that after you've got the marathon out of the way, you are come hunting for that NSC AG title, so I'll need to sharpen up.

6 Not allowed!
      Dipping back into this thread after just reading it for a while.
      Some great running, it’s great to see @Guinness Boy and @knocky1 back in the game. Worthing HM sounded great, what a race between @big nuts and @Ninja Elephant. @The Complete Badger what a run.
      My running hasn’t been nearly so impressive, I’m hoping to start to up my game in the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      You seem to be in 'heavy duty' territory! Have you got a target time for the Moyleman? It's a tough course I believe? My venture into marathon territory last November was not a success either in terms of performance (4:50) or aftermath (hamstrings). It makes you respect the distance. Consequently, for now I'm back on only Parkruns as I try to escape various niggles. I'm hoping to be a pest and post new SBs for uploading (for which many thanks) - I'm stuck at the wrong side of 22.00 for now.

Pleased to hear that the training is going so well. I've got a feeling that after you've got the marathon out of the way, you are come hunting for that NSC AG title, so I'll need to sharpen up.
      Enjoying it while I can but aware that the aptly named achilles may need rest at any time.
      I'd entered the BM but thought after trekking up mountains in Nepal in December may as well try the Moyleman as part of the training. @Greg Bobkin will be raring to go at the start line but I plan to go off very slow with the plan of negative splits, despite Mt Caburn, and a 4'50ish time. The BM I plan negative splits again, no heroics and a sub-4. Plan B for both is to give up at 20 and walk......
      Then it's triathlon training, weakest link relay and the summer Phoenix 10k will be my first race effort. Sure we'll meet up at a Parkrun soon. Good luck.

3 Not allowed!
      Hey guys, just thought I'd post this interesting article on the benefits of "slowing down to go faster". It's far from being a new concept but I'm a relatively recent convert to this "keep your easy days truly easy and your hard days hard" approach (been about 6 months) and it's really working for me, although I probably don't throw in enough speed/interval work which is the other main focus. The key takeaways for me is that slowing things down improves my running consistency (my weekly volume is improved), helps prevent burn-out (maintaining pace for longer) and injury risk (I'm not overloading stress). As an example, I ran a negative split Half a couple of weeks ago which I would never have been able to do a year ago. Anyway just thought I'd share.

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/t...one-3-plateau/
      Head in the clouds Ninja Elephant's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Artie Fufkin View Post
      Hey guys, just thought I'd post this interesting article on the benefits of "slowing down to go faster". It's far from being a new concept but I'm a relatively recent convert to this "keep your easy days truly easy and your hard days hard" approach (been about 6 months) and it's really working for me, although I probably don't throw in enough speed/interval work which is the other main focus. The key takeaways for me is that slowing things down improves my running consistency (my weekly volume is improved), helps prevent burn-out (maintaining pace for longer) and injury risk (I'm not overloading stress). As an example, I ran a negative split Half a couple of weeks ago which I would never have been able to do a year ago. Anyway just thought I'd share.

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/t...one-3-plateau/
      Absolutely - I'm going to be an exponent of slower running today when I pop out for a brief recovery run! Before this current training cycle I've always done runs at different paces, but in this cycle I always aimed for 8-8:30 per mile at the least, even in the 10 milers and the classic sunday long runs as well. Running from Ovingdean up and over Woodingdean was difficult at that pace but it's that kind of hilly run which adds the strength you need when piling into the oncoming wind of Worthing.